Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Doubletree.comUS$107
PricelineUS$107
FindHotelUS$107
Hotels.comUS$107
Expedia.comUS$107
Agoda.comUS$107
1,196 results
All reviews san francisco double tree warm cookies close to the airport shuttle service nice hotel great stay indoor pool easy access front desk staff business trip minute drive upon check would stay here again one night stay free shuttle beds were comfortable
Selected filters
Reviewed 23 March 2021

Thank you to all the great staff on job that kept the place clean and sanitized. The room was clean and I was able to have my peace and quiet while I stayed there. It would be great if they offered free breakfast as well but that would only be a plus.

Date of stay: March 2021
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Reviewed 23 January 2021

I had to stay at this hotel on two different occasions during the Covid-19 pandemic. I was disappointed in their lack of services during the pandemic. I have Hilton Honors gold status but that does not seem to matter in any way to this hotel management.

No maid service.
No food service options.
No gym available.
Front desk acts like they are doing you a favor when you ask for towels or coffee,
No value to Hilton Gold status.
Walls are thin and if you have someone staying in the room next to you the noise can keep you awake at night.
Charge for parking in an empty parking lot.

This Doubletree Hotel does not live up to the Hilton brand in any service or treatment of their customers. Price was good but that was it for value.

Date of stay: January 2021
3  Thank Giants2021
Reviewed 21 October 2020

In early October I made a reservation here for a one night stay in one room, using Honors points to pay for the room. Upon check-in last week I was told that my original reservation was mistakenly cancelled (without informing me in advance) and that two rooms were subsequently reserved for me (also without informing me), which I would need to pay out-of-pocket. I requested that they cancel one room and that I would pay for the remaining room with Honors points, as I did with my original reservation. A front desk staff member, Danny, refused to apply my Honors points and directed me to Hilton corporate to request that. Before checking out the next day I addressed my concerns with another front desk staff member, Maria, who initially appeared to want to help me correct their mistakes - noting that the computer screen displayed a symbol that indicated that I did reserve a room with Honors points but the screen still indicated a full cash payment due without any points credit, which Maria said was weird and not seen such a contradiction before. After over 30 minutes with Maria my issues could not be corrected and she even tried to negotiate that I still pay instead of using Honors points - unbelievable! I did call Hilton corporate and registered a couple of Case numbers, but as of writing this review, four days after check-out, the charges for the room, that should have paid for with Honors points, are still on my credit card account. Buyer Beware
Finally, the staff did not perform any Covid-19 screening of us (or any guest seen) in accordance with the California Public Health Department's COVID-19 INDUSTRY GUIDANCE: Hotels, Lodging, and Short Term Rentals - (reference pages 7&8 - see section titled "Individual Control Measures and Screening" - paragraph titled "Guests and visitors should be temperature and/or screened upon arrival... " on page 8).

Date of stay: October 2020
2  Thank GyrFalcons
Gustavo De Almeida, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel San Francisco Airport North, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2021

Hello GyrFalcons,

I appreciate your candid feedback and you letting us know how we can get better in serving our guests. Please rest assured that we are in full compliance with the state of CA, county of San Mateo and Hilton in regards to the protocols to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.

I hope you can give us another try when visiting this area in the future.

Cheers,

Reviewed 10 August 2020 via mobile

Read the recent reviews from previous people that stayed here. This place isn’t bad but not the best. Another hotel in my opinion. Rooms were clean. Beds were big and the huge TV was nice. Although I had previously had lunch before arriving to the hotel, I was able to throw my trash out near the front of the hotel was noticed tons of ants on top of it. I know it’s outside and near grass and all but trust me, it was practically an ant hill will hundreds of ants living on it. Pretty sure a few tried to get on the bag of trash I was throwing out as soon as I tossed the bag out. Should maybe pay more attention to the outside environment of the property. The staff is decent, but super straight to the point in a blunt manner. I think people notice their blunt manner assuming they come off rude but that’s just my experience with it. Oh and parking...you have to pay a 15 dollar fee when you show up. They ask you “Did you happen to drive here, if so are you parking overnight?” I wanted to laugh out loud, cause it’s a hotel. Of course I’m going to park my car and sleep. Yes in the blunt tone but nothing in a rude way from my experience. Did catch me off guard though for paying overnight parking. Very COVID-19 prepared I must say. Especially when entering the door to the rooms. I’d stay here again.

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank ItsJGYall

Hello ItsJGYall,

We appreciate your feedback regarding your stay, and most importantly it is gratifying that you will stay with us again if travelling to this area.

Hope to see you again.

Cheers,

Reviewed 29 April 2020

I wish I would have read the reviews for this double tree location before making my reservation. I can see they have a history of having poor customer service.

Unfortunately though, me and my fiance stayed here on 4/26/2020 to 4/27/2020. We are both essential workers who commute to San Francisco for work, and have been working extra hours due to the COVID-19 crisis. Instead of driving home after long working hours, we have been taking advantage of nearby hotels.

So after 2 months of frequenting comfort inn and best western, I wanted to stay somewhere that would be clean, welcoming and had delicious warm cookies for decent rate. So I thought let me book a room at the double tree. BIG MISTAKE - It was not clean, it was not welcoming and due to the corona virus this location is not serving cookies to guest at all. Which I learned when it was screamed at me by a staff member when I asked her will you have some cookies later? Had I known there was no cookies, A SIGNATURE OF DOUBLETREE I would have never booked a reservation here. I was really disappointed and looking forward to eating the cookies. I felt like there should have been some notification about that. Its a signature trade mark of the hotel for crying out loud. Its what makes DoubleTree different than all other hotels, and you are telling me you are not serving them? That doesn't make any sense. Don't you know how delicious cookies are in times of stress? Who ever made that decision should be demoted.

I also thought I was booking at a hotel that was going to speak to me politely - WRONG AGAIN - If you can actually locate staff to talk to at this location, do not expect them to speak to you kindly...any attempt by you talking to them is interrupting their thinking and really upsets them. I should have gotten the hint when I had to call in to add my fiances name to my reservation, since she would be getting off work earlier than I was and would arrive a few hours ahead..But NO ONE ANSWERS THE PHONE HERE. I am not being sarcastic, they let their calls go to an answering machine. I must have had to call every 5 minutes for an hour straight until a staff answered my call. I must have made her very upset that I interrupted her instagram and tik tok time, because when she was talking to me she had a very rude tone of voice and was breathing heavily with frustration. I gave her my confirmation number five times and she said she could not find it. She kept asking me are you sure you have a reservation suggesting I never made one.

I thought it would be different when calling the front desk from my room. WRONG. Don't even try calling from the room, they'll never answer, and when you go down to the front desk to speak with them in person, they'll just give you dirty looks and yell at you for interrupting their " me time".

I haven't even gotten to the lack of cleanliness yet...so let me say that I can confirm other reports of trash being left in hallways at this location.It just sits there outside the rooms... Good thing I did not need any ice, because on the 8th floor of this location, as soon as you get off the elevators, is the ice machine, and it doubles as the waste area for trash and even broken AC units....Does not smell very nice. I seen it and thought it would be picked up during the night, but it was all there the next morning. I thought I could even smell it from the room, but my fiance said I was exaggerating. I must have a stronger nose than her. You can let me know if you smell it when you stay here.

But I must say this place is a joke...they even said no to a late check out request. My fiance is a Hilton Honors member and still no late check out. That was my last straw. I was receiving no type of customer services from anyone.

I reported all of this to the Director of Sales and Marketing, Arthur D. Wood, in a long detailed email...he did not seem to care. I guess I should have expected less from him...I mean a leader's team is a reflection of him and they obviously did not care about me. Not sure why thought he would. He tried to fool me into booking another stay at this location. After I already paid for such a poor experience, I am going to pay for more? Ridiculous.

THUS BE WARNED don't stay here! There is much better hotels nearby! I would say their names but they do not pay me to advertise for them...

Regards,

JAC

Date of stay: April 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
4  Thank mrluxurious888
gdealmeida1610, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel San Francisco Airport North, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2020

mrluxurious888,

I appreciate your candid feedback and apologize for this stay falling below your expectations. Your comments are valuable for the betterment of our hotel operations and you can be certain that improvements will happen based on your notes.

Stay safe!