“Old world restaurant in an out of the way place”

Scopazzi's Restaurant
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 22 March 2018

This restaurant was recommended by a friend and we dropped by around 5pm without reservations. It was about 1/3 full and filled up as the night went on. Our server had worked there for 30 years and the current owner had been there 50 years. The service
was exquisite and the food was excellent. The Caesar's salad, steak flambé and several deserts are prepared table side. This has all but disappeared from the dinning scene. We were there several hours enjoying their fine wines and food and the server did not rush us.

1  Thank j s

Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

I’d say the highlight of this place is the atmosphere & Italian history! The dinner was fine but nothing special. But the rocky road brownie & creme brûlée were really good!

Reviewed 10 January 2018

This place is a gem. Most like the classic Italian restaurants in San Francisco. If you look at the one star reviews they are two, they are identical, and certainly by the same person. They criticize that Scopazzi's serves an antipasta tray, claiming this charming service is "old fashioned". Clearly the person that wrote those reviews has a personal agenda, either as a competitor or perhaps a disgruntled local. Please wisely ignore such puerile drivel, and enjoy Scopazzi's. I live in another part of state, but I go to Big Basin occasionally. I will be doing so on the upcoming week end, and Socpazzi's is definitely on the agenda!

Reviewed 21 December 2017

My favorite place to eat in B.C. I like their sweetbreads, prosciutto wrapped prawns, pepper steak. Raviolis with Gorgonzola sauce is sinfully good.

Reviewed 20 December 2017

The bartenders at Scopazzi's are great! I don't usually drink mixed drinks, but I do when I go to Scopazzi's. The bar has an old time vibe and the appetizers are the bomb.