“Really GREAT Experience”

Arturo's Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 14 Restaurants in Blue Jay
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 10 July 2015

We were staying in Lake Arrowhead and had a party of 10. We tried to go to Papagayos in the Village at 6:30 on a Thursday night and were told we would have a 2 hour wait!! So we called Hortencia's....no dining inside (it was cold) so as a last resort we called Arturo's in Blue Jay, a 10 min. drive away. We read the reviews on Trip Advisor and almost didn't come because the reviews were so BAD, but we were desperate.....

We are SO GLAS we didn't heed their advice. ALL 10 of us enjoyed our food....and that is saying a lot, especially me as the picky one and we all love Mexican food so if this was lousy, we would say it!

I had the chicken taquitos & a bean & cheese burrito, both great! Others had the Monster Burrito, carne asada burritos, enchilada plates....everyone was stuffed and happy & 5 of us had leftovers. The salsa and the guacamole were both tasty.

The service was pleasant though slow, they were definitely understaffed as the restaurant was pretty full.

I definitely recommend this restaurant. For 10 people, our bill was only $125....very decent. Half of us had soda, half had water, no alcohol.

1  Thank JanieKennedy

Reviewed 5 July 2015

I really don't like giving a bad or terrible review, but Arturo's Restaurant is at the bottom of the barrel. I ordered a simple omelet. It took 40 minutes and the manager came over and said my order would be up soon. What? Then I asked for a two dollar discount for the wait for mediocre food and he refused. Bad service, bad attitude and terrible food.

1  Thank avidhiker2
Reviewed 3 July 2015

The food was bland. Were there for taco Thursday and they flunked. The food was bland, rice was cold and taco wet. Had to ask for chips and salsa. Service was terrible and slow. Had to wait 10 minutes after they took credit card to get it back. Looked like most of the customers were tourist without info like me. Also restrooms were down a long corridor and very small, one person only.

1  Thank Joe W
Reviewed 24 May 2015

Have gone there 3 times and each was weak. This time we tried the buffet, cold and hard on food, with no attendance, also slow service that could not get it togeather. When you have to ask for chips drinks and silverware there is something wrong. We are done, No Mas!!!

1  Thank shakespeare39
Reviewed 18 March 2015

Tasty authentic Mexican food at a good price in a casual, friendly environment! The chicken soup is excellent! My favorite meal is the carnitas plate. They are NOT skimpy with their servings, either!

1  Thank IrishRed51