All reviews waffles room was clean nice size huge room waffle maker free breakfast within walking distance the breakfast area mini fridge upstairs room overnight stop main street biscuits and gravy death valley famous bakery would stay here again king bed
Reviewed 24 June 2018

Room was a little pricey, I imagine do to the proximity to Mt. Whitney. Room was clean and comfy. Breakfast was sufficient. They offered biscuits and gravy but I had to scrape the pot for the gravy and it wasn't the end of the breakfast hour. Heated pool was cold to me and my granddaughter said that it needed vacuuming. Jacuzzi had green mold so I would not use

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank wendystevi
Reviewed 11 June 2018

We got in late and probably should have looked around but to tired to so we stayed here. The rooms are fine and clean but a bit $$ for what it is although breakfast is inc
Staff are ok but not over helpful. In the end its nice but for us a bit $$$

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 May 2018 via mobile

Great location to the famous Schats bakery & town. Clean and nice size room. No negatives for this hotel tier and price point.

When you drive up though you see on the main sign DSL service even though its newer wifi service. I needed to do some work and the high speed cable service was quite poor. Only reason for lower ranking on this review.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank toddm275
Reviewed 25 April 2018

Our room was on the second floor around 1/3rd the way down from the office but that wasn't far enough because I heard traffic all night long, especially big trucks. Unfortunately, the motel sits right on Hwy 395 that runs through the town of Bishop and there is a traffic light at the driveway that leads to the hotel.

The updated rooms were nice and so was the free breakfast. Motel staff were very nice. The only problem outside of the noise was that the guests before us took the light bulbs on the lamps on both sides of the bed; however, the motel staff was quick to provide us with new ones.

On our return trip through Bishop we stayed at the other Choice Inn in town, the Cielo Hotel, and it was 100% better.

Room Tip: Get a room as close to the back end of the complex. Otherwise, I'd suggest the other Choice Inn, the Cielo Hotel, which was 100% quieter.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Christopher L
Reviewed 7 April 2018

I've stayed at many Comfort Inn/Suites and it looks like this one got remodeled. I am a big fan of Comfort Inn's very forgiving cancellation policy.

Service: Receptionist was rather mechanic and spoke too quickly in her scripted speech. But I know the drill so it wasn't a problem that I hardly understood her. A new thing I noticed is that motels give out a bag of freebies. This bag contained 2 bottles of crystal geyser water, some candy, a pen, and business cards. It was a nice touch, though I'm not a fan of disposable water bottles and next time I need to refuse this.

Food: Didn't try anything here, so I can't say. Sbux and Schat's are within walking distance.

Room: Good first impression. Small, clean and the furnishings looked updated. A/C was janky though and loud. Mattress seemed the only thing that wasn't new and wasn't a friend to my back. Includes: toiletries, iron, ironing board, hangers, mini fridge, TV, etc. It didn't lack for anything. The other occupants were quiet during my stay, but you can hear everything outside when people are talking in the parking lot.

Parking: I found a spot in the evening, but it does get more filled up as the night progresses. There was still a few empty spots in the middle of the night in early April.

Facility: OK. No elevator. Didn't need the ice machine but was told we'd have to go to the lobby to get ice. The location is convenient.

Verdict: Given the price compared to the quality of the hotel, I was pleased with my stay and would consider staying here again.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo