All reviewsfront deskfree wifideath valleyroom was cleanchecking inwould stay here againroad tripstayed here for one nightthe main streetfloormotelhardwoodmicrowavepetratessierrafishing
Reviewed 5 July 2018

I booked a room at the Bishop Motel 6 for this past June 18/2018. When I arrived it was located on the main drag of Hwy 395. When I checked in the clerk was just there doing his job. I asked him if there was a gym close by to workout. He said there is no gym in Bishop. I later checked when I was in my room and there was a big on about 1/2 mile away. For almost $100/night I could have checked into a higher class hotel. I might stay here again but we'll see.

Room Tip: Book ahead but do check around.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 May 2018

I have had good experiences with this Motel 6 in the past, as we're often en route along hwy 395. I've even written good reviews before. However, this time, I have had a bad experience.
First, I reserved a room a week or so in advance, and have one dog. Got here, and the only rooms left that were pet-friendly were way in the back- that's ok except this time, there were a group of guys, and kids, having a Bar-b-que, drinking beer, playing loud music and the kids were running around throwing baseballs -right outside our room. Then, upon entering the room, found that there were disgusting stains on the bedsheets and, though it was a non-smoking room, smelled like stale smoke.
Went to the front desk, asked if we could get a new room, away from the noise, and stains. He said he only had one other room for pets (in the past, when requested, to avoid other partying guests, they HAVE moved us) he said that was all that was available. I asked about the smoke smell in the non-smoking room, and all he said was, some people break the rules and smoke in the rooms. Lotsa help, thanks.
we took the new room, the party outside ensued. I asked Front Desk guy if open containers were allowed, and if its ok for people to be partying in the parking lot, and he said yes, and that there's nothing that can be done before 10 PM. This is so far a pain-in-the-rear stay, and I won't stay here or at any other Motel 6 again. They shouldn't let the parking lot become partyville.

Room Tip: don't stay here if you want clean sheets and peace and quiet
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
6Team, Brand Experience Team at Motel 6 Bishop, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2018

Christine, Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We strive to provide a comfortable night's rest and are disappointed your stay was unsatisfactory due to the noise concerns you describe. Safety and security are high priorities within Motel 6 standards for quality, and we regret you felt differently during your visit. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your stay to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 28 February 2018 via mobile

The only good thing I can say about this place is that the bed was comfortable. There were no blankets on the bed and it's 20 degrees outside. So the choices are to sleep with your heater on which is noisy or to be cold. Also I've never ever in my entire life time slept in a motel or even a house that creaks and groans. The difference is when someone walks upstairs you can hear it but that's not what I'm talking about it sounds like the whole place is going to fall down. The room was big I like the wooden floors. But stay in this room never again. To not be able to sleep because the whole room is cracking and popping was certainly not worth the $75 I paid to try to sleep here

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ann F
6Team, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 Bishop, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2018

Ann, Thank you for sharing your post. Motel 6 standards for quality rest on our promise to offer the lowest price of any national chain by delivering the essential elements of a comfortable room for a satisfying stay, for this reason, we apologize for the disappointment you express with the expectations of amenities. We strive to provide a night's rest and are disappointed your stay was unsatisfactory due to the noise concerns you describe. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 9 February 2018

It was just ok, little dirty but ok. House cleaners need to be retrained on how to clean. The young lady that checked us in was very cool. She gave a lot of information that we needed for our treval. She found us cool things to do the next day.

Stayed: December 2017
Bhavesh P, General Manager at Motel 6 Bishop, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2018

Thank you for your review. we are happy to hear you were pleased with out front desk customer service.
we are sorry to hear you were unhappy with the cleanliness of our rooms. if there is anything you would like to bring to our attention that would have made your stay more comfortable please don't hesitate to contact us.

motel 6
(760)873-8426

Reviewed 20 January 2018

Due to extreme weather and road closures, we had to spend an unexpected night in Bishoe when only a few hours from home. What a wonderful surprise. Large spacious room. Lots of places to plug in phone or tablet to let family know where we were. Great place to walk the dog at the rear of the property.

Room Tip: Rooms toward the back might be quieter due to summer traffic. In the dead of winter with road closures, there was little traffic.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank NKMRenoNV

Thank you for the positive feed back. We value your opinion and are glad you had a comfortable stay. if you have any questions or concerns don't hesitate to contact us.

motel 6