All reviews room was clean travel lodge yogurt death valley continental breakfast the main street small room would stay here again mammoth lakes fridge and microwave second floor great place to stay city park fishing trip small town stop sink
Reviewed 13 September 2018 via mobile

Room small and old fashioned, more of a motel. Felt overpriced compared to everything else we stayed in.
When I asked for a refund the manager questioned where I was from and proceeded to tell me how the UK have awful hotels there, how I was a snob and that if I wanted a nice hotel it would cost over $400. She also stated the rooms had been redone 3 years ago - I would guess 15 years!
We did stay in nice hotels for $200 and was more than happy - speaking to locals, seams bishop hotels are overpriced for what you get due to a long drive to next town, I would stay elsewhere and avoid Bishop if you can.
We decided to drive onto law Vegas rather than stay here, even though we had had paid for the room. Happy with our choice.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
tracy383, General Manager at Travelodge by Wyndham Bishop, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

We're sorry to hear you did not like your room. My front desk staff called me saying you wanted to cancel after being checked in to your room and that you were demanding a full refund because you didn't like the decor. I'm sorry if you felt I was being rude after I had suggested when booking your room to read the reviews and look at the pictures of the hotel before making your reservations. You did tell me you are picky so my assumption was your husband booked the reservation. You then told me you would stay if I would lower your rate and got angry when I refused. At this point I felt it was more about the rate and not the décor or the size of the room, etc as you initially stated. I would suggest when booking reservations to shop around for prices, read the reviews and look at pictures so you can make an informed decision about where you would like to stay. We hope you will change your mind and visit Bishop again. We have a lot to offer in our quaint city. Have a nice day!

Reviewed 24 August 2018

Didn't see one kid at the hotel. Perfect rooms to relax. Great location in the center of town. Spotless- very clean. Comfortable bed with huge bathtub. The service was very good. I will stay here again for sure.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank john f
tracy383, CIndy M/Front Desk at Travelodge by Wyndham Bishop, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2018

Thank you John F for the 5 star review. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay. Many of the kids have gone back to school but we do have occasional travelers with children that stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again when in Bishop.

Reviewed 22 August 2018

I booked this hotel because it is a Wyndham, and I get points, but I was very impressed with the service from the front desk, and the maid service.
This hotel is close to everything, food, bar, shopping for tourist stuff. I don't shop for tourist stuff, as I live close to here, but there are some really cool shops near here. Bishop is a small town with a lot of stuff to do, and this hotel/motel will make your trip very comfortable.

Room Tip: We had room 122 and only noise was the neighbors taking a shower, but they left really early
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cactus140

Thank you for the 5 star review cactus140. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you again when you are in Bishop and need to get some more points with your Wyndham rewards.

Reviewed 16 August 2018

A nice place for a one night stop off. AC a little noisy but bedrooms comfortable. Pool very cold but a nice area to sit and have a drink at night. Plenty of on site parking. Enjoyed the breakfast. Good position to walk out to eat at night.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review our motel. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay. We are right in the middle of town and close walking distance to many places to eat and explore. We hope to see you again!

Reviewed 15 August 2018

We were a group of 6 staying just one night & the two room unit worked perfect for us. There were two twins in one small room & 2 queens in the other larger room...beds were plenty comfy too. There was plenty of room to store all the gear that we had with us too. Room was clean & the air worked well. Got some coffee in the morning & were on our way.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family

Thank you for the 4 star review. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay. The 2 queens with 2 twins is great for families or lots of friends to stay in. We also have rooms with a King and 2 twins when needed.. Hope you were able to enjoy the continental breakfast we offer as well. Please come back and see us again when you are in Bishop.