“Mexican Comfort Food”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed 1 September 2018

Stopped here one night while on a road trip through the area. Wasn't expecting much from the decor and the cafeteria style chairs, straight out of the 1970's. So I was pleasantly surprised by the solid quality of the entrees and the speedy service. I should have known this place would be all right though - it was busy from before the time I got there until well after I left. The food was hot, tasty and filling. If you're looking for innovative, try somewhere else. But if you want a big plate of enchiladas, rice and refried beans to warm you up, you could do a lot worse.

Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

This is a repeat visit when in town. Nice to know it's still here. The service welcoming and relaxing. The food fresh from chips to salsa. Different flavors from other Mexican dishes, good variety.

1  Thank marshell2016
Reviewed 10 June 2018

We had the two enchilada dinners with rice and beans and were both very happy. They start you off with chips and salsa. The chips have great flavor. The service is prompt and pleasant. The dinners were quite large and some of the best we have had. THe flavor is better than any in our home town. The rice have a nice "earth" taste. I'm not sure what cheese they use on the enchiladas but it is very tasty and better than the typical. THe beans were also quite good as where the enchiladas.

Two dinners and a soda for $24 plus tip and tax. A great value. I would come again often if this place was in my town.

1  Thank Jennifer T
Reviewed 3 January 2018

We stopped at Amigos twice during our week-long stay in Bishop. (We had to go back because we liked it so much.) After living in New Mexico for several decades, we are fairly picky about our Mexican food and all members of our family thought that Amigos was wonderful! I really recommend the Cancun and Yucatan Enchiladas, but several in our party loved the burritos.

Reviewed 16 November 2017

They make a variety of enchiladas with very creative sauces with fruit and chiles, and served ours with a topping of mango pieces. The rice was the best we've ever had at a Mexican restaurant. Service was fast and friendly. We came here because we had noticed that it was always busy, even on weeknights. Hope to come back someday.

Been to Amigos Mexican Restaurant? Share your experiences!