All reviews within walking distance plenty of storage bit worn yogurt big bear lake comfortable king bed clean rooms will stay there again a nice place to stay snow summit holiday weekend view of the lake we've stayed misnomer fireplace bbqs village
Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

I stayed here for several nights and loved it. It was simple but had everything I needed. It was clean, quiet and even had a small fridge and microwave. It was also within walking distance from Big Bear Village and restaurants.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
FrontDesk41076, Front Desk at Vintage Lakeside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2018

Thank you for letting us know you enjoyed your stay! The location of the Vintage Lakeside Inn is a perfect location to enjoy the many amenities Big Bear has to offer. Especially for groups of people who wish to park there car and walk around!

Reviewed 11 June 2018 via mobile

Nice room, 2 queen beds. Had room #30 hardly anyone there until Sat (arrived on Thurs). Room was remodeled & was great. I know it says no pets but there were at least 2 dogs. Will stay there again. Walking distance to town.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends

Thank you for letting us know you enjoyed your stay! During the week Big Bear is a fairly quiet place, and is a great time to enjoy spending time up here to escape the crowded areas of the city.

Reviewed 9 November 2017 via mobile

This is a nice place to stay in Big Bear California at a good price point. NOT PET FRIENDLY! Did not try the late breakfast. Clean rooms nice area on the lake. Walking distance to the village where there is food and things to see. Plenty of parking.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank swyskiel
Reviewed 20 September 2017

I recently had the misfortune to spend a night at this property. When I checked in I was told there was only 2 other guests at the inn and they gave me a room between them. When I politely requested a room a few doors down away from the other guests because I am a light sleeper the girl at the front desk lied to me and said all the other 30+ plus rooms were unavailable due to construction at the inn. When I pointed out there were no workers, vehicles or equipment on the property she repeated her lie that no other room available due to construction. That evening I could not sleep because the walls are so thin I could hear the other guests and could not complain to the staff since at 7:00 pm they closed the office and went home. No one on duty after 7:00 pm. Also another name for the "Vintage" Inn could be the "OLD" Inn since the carpet and furnishings in the room must have been there for 40 years. Also room do not have curtains on the windows so outside light makes it threw the old blinds. Save your money and find a reputable hotel in Big Bear.

Room Tip: Avoid property completely since they do not accommodate guests request.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
FrontDesk41076, Manager at Vintage Lakeside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2018

Sorry I didn't respond to this review earlier but I just saw it, no one was lying to you the rooms at the far end of the property were being remodeled and were not rent-able the month of September. You may not have seen workers while you were here but carpet and beds were missing and I was continuously in and out of the rooms painting, staining cabinets, making headboards and many other details that needed attention. The rooms were closed at my direction so we could get the work completed in 30 days. Sorry about the inconvenience this may have caused you and as you stated the rooms do need to be redone and the only way to do that is to close them. You shouldn't have assumed you were being lied to so we could make your stay uncomfortable. Also, there is an after hours number posted in our rooms and on the door of the office, I am always here to take care of any needs a guest may have.

Reviewed 17 September 2017

We like to visit on week days to avoid the tourists and traffic so, like most of the places on the hill, there were lots of rooms and little noise. The beds were very comfortable and the room was clean.
They are upgrading carpeting etc. in the rooms so even thought the carpet was a bit worn, it was very clean... no problem for us.
During the week, breakfast might be on the light side but if you know about the Grizzly Manor restaurant just down the street you won't need it anyway.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at towards the lake and quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Steve S
FrontDesk41076, Manager at Vintage Lakeside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2017