All reviewsmill creekbig beardiscount cardalpine slidewonderful hospitalityplay area for childrenhighly recommend staying herebeautiful place to staybbq areawalking distance to the lakefront officecomfortable staysmall kitchenhome away from homeweekend tripshort driveenjoyed our stay
Reviewed 9 July 2018

We escaped the heat (~120 f) to spend the weekend at Hillcrest Lodge in Big Bear Mountain . we had great stay with our 3 kids. we found clean and well equipped cabin. comfi beds,equipped kitchen,tv,high speed internet,ceiling fan to cool at night. nice common area in the front.

Room Tip: great value for your $$$
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 June 2018

I spent a wonderful weekend at Hillcrest with my dog, Coco. Val greeted me, made friends with Coco and gave her a treat. Our room was cute, comfortable, and the only way I can describe it is "grandmother" clean. You could eat off the floors. The Lodge is in a great location and an incredible value. Ken was just as friendly as Val and they always had a smile for us. Looking forward to our next visit to Big Bear Lake and Hillcrest Lodge.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
Val B, Owner at Hillcrest Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2018

Thank you so much Don! It was a pleasure having you & Coco stay with us. We appreciate your feedback & your kind review.
We hope to see you both again!

Reviewed 5 June 2018

It all started with a very welcoming board outside the office of guests due to arrive. We were met by Val, the owner. She was extremely nice and very accommodating. She recommended some great places to eat. Our suite was so cozy and comfy. It was fully stocked. I wish we could have stayed much longer. We didn't want to leave. This lodge is so nicely located to. It had outside picnic tables and yard also an outside bbq area. It is also very pet friendly. Highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Val B, Owner at Hillcrest Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2018

Thank you for staying with us and for your very nice review. We love hearing you had a great time!
Come back & see us again!

Reviewed 1 May 2018

I stayed here this past weekend, and could not be more satisfied with choosing this wonderful location with a very charming mountain ambience decor. Owner Ken Bascom checked me in, gave me lots of information, including directions and a 10% discount coupon card I used to eat at 3 of the several fine restaurants. I also bought a ticket to the Hal Ketchum show at The Cave during check-in. I liked having a fully stocked kitchen with a selection of tea and coffee, and a stove and fridge. I look forward to my next trip to Big bear and will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: The #1 suite is closest to the road, however, they do have a white noise box next to the bed with soothing sounds to block out the noise.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
Val B, Owner at Hillcrest Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2018

Thank you so much Roslyn! We love hearing this & work hard to provide a great experience for our guests. We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay & your time in Big Bear. Thank you for staying with us! We look forward to seeing you again! Remember to book direct to receive your return guest discount.
Ken & Val Bascom

Reviewed 24 April 2018 via mobile

First of all, this review is well over due. We visited in March and just happened to luck out with snow. The owners are so sweet and personable. The labs in the office were the cherries on top. Honestly, seeing the pics of the labs is what helped us decide this was the spot for us. We stayed in the dog friendly cabin with our dogs and LOVED it. It’s so cute and the best location! There’s a park and trail area within walking distance and honestly having a cozy dog friendly cabin with a fire place made the snowy retreat even better. There’s assigned parking, it’s clean, you can borrow DVDs from the office, if you need extra towels for your dogs the office has you covered. We’ve stayed else where before, but we can’t wait to return and stay here again. Book it. No regrets. Promise. :)

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Val B, Owner at Hillcrest Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2018

Thank you Jaci! We love hearing that you enjoyed your stay with us! I'm so glad it snowed while you were here. We really appreciate your feedback and your review.
We look forward to seeing you again.