“Sweet!”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 24 September 2017

We were in Big Bear for a couple of special occasions so wanted some special dining experiences and Sweet Basil Bistro was one of our picks. I'd have to say that it was probably my favorite dinner of the trip. My husband had the gorgonzola stuffed filet mignon, which he loved. I had the New York steak with red wine sauce, which was tasty and satisfying. The garlic mashed potatoes and vegetables were good as well. For dessert (special occasion, remember), I had the crème brulee, which was a little pricey, but very creamy. My husband chose a salted caramel gelato, which he dove into with gusto. All in all this was a very pleasant experience and excellent dinner.

Reviewed 20 September 2017

We loved this restaurant. The food was delicious, the service was good, and the atmosphere was inviting. I had a seabass dinner (it was a special for the night) that was one of the best I've had - moist fish, wonderful flavors, and good side dishes. We also recommend the gorgonzola stuffed filet and the sand dabs. If we lived in Big Bear, we would eat here every week!

Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

Very nice n comfy cute little place with immediate service n attentive. The artichoke was grilled n soaked in yummy oil. Perfectly n yummy. The meat lasagne is with flat noodles, perhaps homemade and great sauce with lots of cheese. Very nice. The chicken parmigiana nice n crunchy with tasty sauce n noodles with veggie. The owner is hands on and appears to really care.

Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

Their Caesar salad is one of the best I have ever had - lots of shaved Parmesan cheese, minimal croutons, and anchovies (optional). My husband had the lobster lasagna (very good) and I had the filet mignon with Gorgonzola (also very good). The tiramisu was nice and light with good chocolate flavor. The prices were quite reasonable for what we ordered. It is a small restaurant. I recommend reservations even for a weekday. Family friendly.

Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

We dined here with our friends and enjoyed it very much! I had a steak which was excellent. My wife really liked the chicken piccata. Their Old Fashioned was outstanding, as was the bread pudding. Our servers were very nice as well. A great way to start out our visit to Big Bear Lakes.