“1 hour+ wait for our food.”

Stillwells Restaurant
Ranked #78 of 127 Restaurants in Big Bear Region
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 23 August 2017

My wife and I stayed at the hotel connected to Stillwells and opted for the breakfast package. Big mistake! It was a Tuesday morning and the restaurant was not busy. We were seated, received our coffee and waited a while for the server to take our order. We then noticed that the server hadn't taken orders from the nearby tables either. We then watched as one table near us received most of their food. One person waited until most had finished before he got his.
This unfortunately became our story as well. We waited over 1 hour for my wife to get her meal and I waited another 10 minutes to get mind...and it was wrong. No apologies from the staff or even an acknowledgement that there was any problem. I even had to search for more coffee as our carafe had gone dry during the wait.
Do yourself a favor and walk to something nearby.

Reviewed 29 May 2017

Had a Groupon stay so the meal was free. That didn't matter!! The wait staff treated you as a paying customer. The food was great. Omelets, eggs, bacon, waffles. It was a full meal not a box of cereal and an apple.

Reviewed 16 April 2017

Full compliment of breakfast items , and hot meat items, omelette station, hot drinks, and champagne or mimosas. No one dish stood out, and the service was just average, my main point of this review is that for the Holiday, and the supposed status of the hotel, this was way over priced and mediocre in taste and presentation.

Reviewed 14 April 2017 via mobile

We had two Groupon vouchers for breakfast here and it felt like stealing getting all of this good food for free. We all really enjoyed our breakfast, especially the waffles. Kids eat free here even without the vouchers so it's a no brainer for families. The place is a little small so I would imagine there is often a wait during peak tourist times. The staff was all very friendly, especially with the kids. I hope people remember to tip them according to what their meal should have cost!

Reviewed 3 December 2016

Had four breakfasts and two dinners while staying at The Holiday Inn Resort (The Lodge at Big Bear Lake) which is attached to restaurant. All the meals were good except the buffet breakfast - food not hot. We had included breakfast in our room rate and voucher stated it was good for "cooked to order" breakfast but were told on the Saturday it was only good for the buffet. Strangely we were able to have cooked to order on Sunday when the buffet was again available.