“Terrible food, overpriced”

Evergreen Steak & Seafood Restaurant
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 13 June 2017 via mobile

We should have known this was a terrible restaurant when there was only one other table used at dinner time. Even so, the service was slow. The bartender had to act as the waiter. The music was on a one song loop until we finally asked that it be changed. The food finally arrived after over one hour cold. The shrimp tempura was obviously from Costco and they charged over $25 for it. Everything was an upgrade. An extra $2 for Caesar. $4 for the lobster bisque. And it came in a small bowl. No reason for that at the prices they charged for the entrees. For 3 people the bill came to $150 and wasn't worth 1/3 of that. To add insult I got Ill during the night. Would never recommend.

Reviewed 2 January 2017 via mobile

We got there at 7, got our food at 830, and then left immediately. The food was terrible and I'm confident there is no worse restaurant in big bear.

Reviewed 27 November 2016

We brought our party of 8 for a birthday dinner this past weekend. The food was good - but service was extremely slow due to staff calling in sick. We have dined here before - food quality has remained - food presentation was nice - lake views nice - but service seems to have declined. Wondering if they are under new management?
If they addressed the staffing issues - they would likely see much more positive reviews!

Reviewed 1 November 2016

My wife and I had dinner here on a Friday evening. The restaurant was about half full but busy. I had the salmon and my wife had the butternut squash ravioli. It was good but, honestly, for what they charged ($30+) I can get better salmon at Denny's for about a third of the price but no lake view. Service was ok but not great. I base this on whether or not my water gets refilled with out asking, it didn't and it didn't. I would go back but maybe for appetizers only. Again, this is a nice place but a bit pricy for what you get.

Reviewed 25 October 2016

We went to the Evergreen for a "special" occasion. The view was great. The service was also great. Each dish was beautifully presented. We enjoyed our meal,,,,other than the tempura shrimp. It was the same shrimp I buy at Costco.