All reviews spa bath nice cottage gas fire one night big bear office unit village winter fireplace freezer miles mountains
Reviewed 11 October 2017

Highly recommend this location.
Cottage was very clean and tidy

The Spa bath was very relaxing and romantic with the fireplace on.
Bed was big and very comfortable. We woke up well rested and very pleased with our stay.

Date of stay: September 2017
1  Thank RS1279
Reviewed 25 July 2016

We were able to book Cottage #2. Check in and out was very easy. The Cottage itself was clean and romantic. I loved having the larger area to change and get ready separate from the the bathroom. The bed was super comfy and the room stayed cool even though there was no air and it was in the mid 80's during the day. Some items are a little dated and could use some TLC, like shower heads and fixtures, but those are just small little things. All in all we had a very pleasant stay and will come back again!

Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
sleepyforestcottages, Manager at Cathy's Country Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2016

Hello, thanks for the review! We appreciate the suggestions and will look into them as always. We hope you can come stay again soon! We have newer-remodel cabins and cottages, just ask... :) SFR

Reviewed 21 April 2016

We were allocated the cottage nearest the road, so there was some traffic noise overnight. We had all we needed for a comfortable sleep, with plenty of hot water. Unexpected complimentary toiletries - a nice touch. To dine out you'll need a car - but restaurant choices abound in the "Village". Really friendly reception at the office - thanks.

Room tip: Ask for a cottage away from the roadside and ask for a hot tub, too.
Date of stay: April 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you Diane! It sounds like you booked cottage C7 or C8 - our most inexpensive queen rooms - as they are closest to the highway. We hope you will return and try a Jacuzzi cottage or something further from the street! Josh P. -SFR

Reviewed 13 January 2016 via mobile

DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY!!!
WORST VACATION EXPERIENCE I HAVE EVER HAD!!!
First of all I got this room because it says it has barbecue place.
That's the only reason why I paid for it!!!
When I arrived there was a lady and I asked for the bbq place and she said it's covered with snow but she told me that she is gonna bring me another one!!!
I was waiting more than an hour but nobody came than I called this number for help.
I called it three times.
They said we are sorry ,we are not gonna bring you one but told me that I can dig it and clean it by myself if I want to!
I did it myself and it took me more than 2 hours.
I hurt myself , I messed up my gloves and clothes but I made it!
At the end I'm not complaining about anything but they are oke to send me an email that says I ruined two of your towels which is one and charged $10 for it!!!

Thanks for the unforgetable vacation!!!

Date of stay: January 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank hgamgam
sleepyforestcottages, Manager at Cathy's Country Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2016

Halit, We are sorry to hear that these issues ruined your vacation. We spoke with you many times about the barbecue. When we get over 3 feet of snow we cannot guarantee anyone a barbecue - we did not intend for you to have to dig it out and have such a hard time and are sorry we could not bring you one. I called you directly to ask if you still needed anything and if you were OK, and I was told everything was good and you had the barbecue accessible. We ask every guest to tell us right away while here if unhappy. You also used 2 dish towels on the barbecue and they were black. We have to charge for damages as you signed at check in and had to replace the towels. Again, sorry you had a rough time, we are here and on call 24/7 to make sure you are happy. Josh, SFR.

Reviewed 26 August 2015

My husband surprised me with a trip to big bear for our anniversary and he chose cathys cottages and it was so romantic.The room was very clean and the hot tub was awesome. The front desk was very informative about how to use the hot tub with the fire place so close. We had a wonderful stay. Wish it was longer than one night.

Date of stay: March 2015