“Brunching with family”

Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: Beverly Hills
Cross street: Wilshire Blvd
Description: A lively seafood-centric Mediterranean restaurant showcasing award-winning cuisine in a warm and inviting environment. The adjacent outdoor terrace space is a destination for al fresco dining under the glittering Beverly Hills evening sky.
Reviewed 6 August 2018

I went here only to get some of the delicious brunch I read about. I was not disappointed regarding menu items. However, for being within the Peninsula I expected more for gluten-free and special meal options. I like knowing that any brunch I pay over $125 I have the option to request and get some gluten-free choices. This was not the case with the lobster waffle, unfortunately. There were some other options I had but, I missed out on some easy to create gluten-free options.
Service is very good. I would love to receive an excellent service. Perhaps the next time I visit. I do plan to return and even stay at the Peninsula. I recommend brunch here.

Peninsula_BH, General Manager at The Belvedere, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2018

Dear Giselle B,
Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at The Belvedere on Trip Advisor. I'm delighted to hear you were pleased with the service and menu items during your visit to Sunday Brunch. Your review has been shared with our Executive Chef and his culinary team in order to review our special meal offerings as we want all guests to have a delicious and memorable experience in the restaurant. Our Executive Chef, David Codney, would like to personally oversee your future visit to The Belvedere. Please feel free to reach out to him directly +1 310 228 7050 or davidcodney@peninsula.com with any questions and to secure your reservation. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 6 August 2018

Three couples, who have been friends for over 50 years, went to The Belvedere for my birthday dinner. We got there early so we went to the bar and I order two glasses of Far Niente Chardonnay. When the others arrived, I asked for my check before we moved to the dining room. I almost went into shock! The tab was $74 for two, rather skimpy glasses of wine. At first, I thought it was a joke. A whole bottle is less than $60 at the store. Then I thought, "Oh well, it is The Peninsula Hotel in Beverly Hills." Some things were really good and some were not. It is a tradition to share what we each order, so here's the deal: My Lobster Paella was just plain terrible. Over-cooked, chewy clams and microscopic mussels, dry and chalky shrimp and one tiny, flavorless, tiny lobster tail. The rice had hardly any flavor and the octopus was all but cremated. I never did find the Calamari. The Salads were excellent. The Scallops were perfection! The Filet Mignon was very average (not much flavor and quite dry). The Branzino tasted more like baked catfish. Our sides of Fingerling Potatoes and Asparagus were excellent. In summary, I think Belvedere is highly overrated and definitely not worth the overly high prices.

2  Thank Robert L

Dear Robert L,
First, happy birthday! We are honored you and your friends chose The Belvedere restaurant to celebrate this special occasion. Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your dining experience. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed the salads, scallops, fingerling potatoes and asparagus during dinner - our salads and scallops are some of the most popular dishes in the restaurant. I appreciate your feedback about our Paella and Filet Mignon as well. This is a unusual experience as our team works diligently to create delicious and memorable dining experiences and your review has been shared with our Executive Chef and his culinary team for further review. Please feel free to contact me or David Codney, our Executive Chef (+1 310 788 2300 or offernissenbaum@peninsula.com or +1 310 228 7050 davidcodney@peninsula.com) if you would like to discuss your experience further or if we can assist with a future reservation. We hope to welcome you back again.

Reviewed 13 July 2018

I come here for tea at least once a year, but we came for dinner. The power was out at our house so we decided to stay at the Peninsula and have a nice meal. Service was professional and caring. The food was excellent. My Caesar salad was perfect as was my main dish which was cod over a bed of sweet potatoes. My husband had calamari stuffed with crab and a very good veal milanese. We splurged on a blueberry dessert. The wine selection was good and the pours were generous. We will try to return on a more regular basis.We and the "manager" Laura recognized each other from a previous incarnation. We highly recommend this restaurant.

Peninsula_BH, General Manager at The Belvedere, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2018

Dear mflickermd,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience at The Peninsula Beverly Hills. I am delighted that we could be your home away from home while your power was being restored. I will pass your feedback regarding the service and cuisine to our staff - they will be happy to know you felt so well taken care of. I truly appreciate your compliments and hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 11 July 2018 via mobile

It was definitely really good experience to start with. The restaurant really knows how to pay attention to detail and do right service. Host was very genuine, lady (who mainly took care of us, probably a bar manager in a black dress ) got us a table, asked where lady would like to sit, pulled out a chair for her and brought a chair for her bag. Loved that after the lady asked where is a restroom, instead of pointing out and explaining where it is at, “a black dress lady” actually made an effort to show where it is exactly. Our drinks took a bit longer than we expected (about 10-12 mins) but butter and bread was served, so, we were entertained. Food was good, but steak was closer to med-rare instead of rare and paela was not very flavorful. Salmon was very juicy and well cooked. For the steak we were offered to try two different two different Cabernet Sauvignon from California. We were given a taste for each of those to try. It was very nice touch (without telling the prices, without menu but simply on the taste; true luxury).
Service was exceptional. However food was not.
Also another thing to mention... Fells like staff is very pressured the way the speak with the guests and how they act. I completely understand that it is Beverly Hills and associates need to be careful. HOWEVER we want people serving us to have fun as well but not to be stressed about what they do and how they do it. The only person who was easygoing was lady in black suite (not dress). I wish I knew who work there and to know their names.

P.S. Evian should be in glass bottle, not plastic.

Peninsula_BH, General Manager at The Belvedere, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2018

Dear pashkovidze,
Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at The Belvedere on Trip Advisor. I'm delighted to hear that you were pleased with our attention to detail and focus on personalized customer service. I will share your complimentary review of the service with our Director of Outlets, Leila, wearing the black dress.
I'm sorry about the food quality during your dining experience. This is highly unusual as our Executive Chef and his team work diligently to ensure food quality and taste are held to the highest standard. Our Executive Chef will be following up with you directly as well. Please feel free to contact me (+1 310 788 2300 or offernissenbaum@peninsula.com) if you would like to discuss your experience further. We value your feedback and hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

Menu selection is very limited for brunch. The buffet is super expensive. All the salads are very similar with a minor change. Service feels like it’s a union. The servers just don’t care enough and disappeared constantly. Would not recommend and that’s too bad as the space is very nice and the Peninsula is considered to be one of the top Hoteks in Beverly Hills.

Peninsula_BH, General Manager at The Belvedere, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2018

Dear SkyRuby,
Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at The Belvedere. I'm sorry to hear about the frustrations with the menu and the service during Sunday Brunch. This was an unusual experience as our staff works diligently to create memorable and luxurious experiences for our guests. I have shared your comments with our Executive Chef and Director of Food and Beverage. Please feel free to contact me (via +1 310 788 2300 or offernissenbaum@peninsula.com) if you would like to discuss your visit further. We value your feedback and hope to welcome you again soon.