“A fading classic”

The Palm Beverly Hills
Reserve with OpenTable
The Palm Beverly Hills is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #37 of 362 Restaurants in Beverly Hills
Price range: US$0 - US$80
Good for: Business meetings, Bar Scene, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Beverly Hills
Cross street: Robertson
Description: Palm Restaurant...The Classic American Steak House is renowned for its USDA prime aged steaks, jumbo Nova Scotia lobsters, Italian dishes, the freshest of seafood, warm smiles, outstanding service and an atmosphere like nowhere else. In Los Angeles, there is no better place to see and be seen than at Palm Restaurant . The famed walls at Palm Restaurant in Los Angeles adorn caricatures of celebrity regulars that include Mike Myers, Adam Sandler, Billy Crystal and Brian Dennehy to name a few. Ask Palm Restaurant about joining The 837 Club, and enjoy the perks and rewards of good taste, great food, and Palm Restaurant experience.
Reviewed 11 September 2018

We had a family birthday dinner here last week because we all like the Palm and it is a classic steakhouse. However our experience suggests it is getting a bit tired. First of all the wine list by the glass at the bar was relatively limited and most of the wines were really pretty mid-range, nothing really good except by the bottle. While I can understand not having a bunch of topnotch wines open and unpoured at the end of the night, you would think they could have at least one top of the line red and one white open for those willing to pay for it. Then came our dinners. I can't complain about portion size--one of us had the chicken Parmesan and it was so big it covered the entire plate--or the quality of the meat--the steaks were excellent. but I had a Caprese salad and the tomatoes tasted more like Styrofoam than any tomato I've ever grown. C'mon, this is California; if you can't get a really fresh tomato here, where else are you going to? And I couldn't believe it when my steak came and it was overcooked. I ordered it "blue" and after a snarky "You mean black and blue?" from the waiter I said "I mean cold and dead". My steak arrived medium rare! I have eaten in lots of steak houses and have never seen one not understand the "blue" means rare and cold in the center, not even the Palm. I didn't bother sending it back since everyone else had already received their meals and it would only have delayed things. The steak was, however, really of excellent quality so I guess it could have been worse. It's just that I expected a steak house with the provenance and experience of the Palm to have gotten a straightforward steak order right. I would have taken two stars off for the disappointing by-the-glass offerings and for the pathetic tomatoes as well as my overcooked steak but my other experiences here have been good., It's just that it seems the old girl is fading a bit and with The Grille a couple of blocks away, Wolfgang's nearby, and Mastro's across the street, they'll need to step up their game if they want to survive

1  Thank Michael V

Reviewed 25 August 2018

Excellent food and service.
I love the lobster dishes.
Great drinks too.
This is one of those places where you can take a client to, bring a date, your family or go solo.

George Vreeland Hill

Reviewed 31 July 2018 via mobile

Everyone enjoyed their food - except me. I liked the side dishes, but the waygu steak was chewy and heavily salted. I tried to be a good sport and ate not quite half, but I hated it and after finishing the potatoes, I set my silverware down and pushed it away. I wanted to tell the server, but for at least 10 minutes, no one came to the table and asked why I wasn't eating. I didn't want to get up and walk across the restaurant, so I let it go. Everyone else was happy.

Reviewed 20 July 2018 via mobile

sites.

Step 1 - Copy the Review Below

I have been an 837 member for 20 years. I am fortunate to that my birthday is in July. Over the past 15 years, I have arranged to celebrate with my girlfriends during lobster special.
Every year is always different but this past Tuesday was spectacular!!!
We were at the Beverly Hills location and the manager Jeff Kops was terrific. He knew I wanted the private room in the front but could not guarantee it for me as it has certain requirements which I fully understood, but when I arrived it was set up for us. huge score. But then we got Dalen our server. What can I say, “a total professional”. Aside from the food always being the best he did something no other server anywhere has ever done. The location had run out of ice cream and we were looking forward to some so he called a waiter friend across the street and ran and got some for us. NOW THAT IS EXCEPTIONAL SERVICE. Best Birthday ever!
Step 2

Reviewed 18 July 2018

Wonderful food with amazing service! Had perfectly mixed martinis, great wine selection and dinner menu. TJ was accommodating in all requests and we had wonderful service. It is a dark, manly restaurant that is comfortable and easy to catch up with people or have a meeting because it is quiet inside... not your typical restaurant blaring club music.