“Famous for Good Reasons!”

Spago Beverly Hills
Reserve with OpenTable
Spago Beverly Hills is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 364 Restaurants in Beverly Hills
Price range: US$41 - US$80
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: Beverly Hills
Cross street: Wilshire
Description: Spago's new re-imagined, market-driven menus feature the freshest, highest-quality ingredients with inspiration from our garden and local farmer's markets, infused with legendary chef Wolfgang Puck's signature styles. The place to see and be seen, Spago continues to set the standard for cuisine, service and style and is consistently recognized as the ultimate in fine dining.
Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

Had a lovely dinner with my daughter at this restaurant that was on my list to experience, and it did not disappoint. You enter a great dark bar area that leads back to a wonderful dinning room. Being 2, we were seated on the back wall that has full glass windows looking into the kitchen. Unlike many other restaurants, the tables are well spaced apart and provide quiet and personal conversation with your dinning companion.

The staff was friendly and attentive, the food delicious and artfully presented, and an incredible wine list that had offerings across the price range. We had the signature sponge cake dessert, and yes it’s price may be high, but it was absolutely delicious. Best of all, despite being a Thursday night, we were not rushed or felt any pressure to keep a pace to turn the table. Both the table spacing and lake of pressure to move on truly surprised me given the fame of the restaurant.

Finally, is it pricey? Yes, but this is Spago and Wolfgang’s pride and joy, so to me the cost was well worth it, not unexpected and I would say, given it’s fame and reputation, lower than I expected. Go and you will have a wonderful and, most importantly, memorable meal!!

Date of visit: September 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (1,326)

Reviewed 13 September 2018 via mobile

For being one of the most famous restaurant in LA I was honestly expecting a little bit more. First, even if we had a reservation for dinner, we had to wait a bit to get a table (but not a problem at all, we just ordered some cocktails). When we got a table, it was in a terrible position, in the middle of the corridor under the air con (OMG so cold!) so we kindly asked to get a different table, and I have to say they found another one in the terrace which was much better in just a couple of mins. Atmosphere... yeah romantic but obtained just having randomly fairy lights and very dimmed lighting (well it was dark actually): I don’t know why but was not so impressed. We ordered some pasta and well... nothing special: I got brigands hats (please mention in the menu there is some sugo -tomatoes sauce- as it does not say it) that were 5,5 on a scale from 1 to 10. My husband ordered squid ink garganelli which were tastier, I would give 8. Dessert was a great discovery: a kind of layered ice cream tiramisu, I believe it was a dark chocolate semifreddo with hazelnuts that was delicious to be honest. Staff was ok, I just had the feeling they “smell” how much you will spend and will treat you based on that. Well just a feeling - nothing more. In conclusion, it was ok, probably I got disappointed as it has a very big reputation and based on my experience it was just ok. Probably I should not have ordered pasta and get a different main. Well if I will go back I will try.

Reviewed 12 September 2018 via mobile

There is some experimenting going on with some of the dishes. I ordered an octopus starter to find that it was served cold in what looked like, squid ink. I didn’t like this dish even though the octopus was cooked perfectly.
The second course of a New York strip steak was cooked perfectly. Presentation was spot on on.

Date of visit: September 2018
1  Thank 673stephenc
Reviewed 5 September 2018 via mobile

From the table in the open courtyard to the great staff and outstanding food this was a great experience from start to finish. The menu was full of classics with an off menu selection described by our waitress. To complete a perfect evening the owner Wolfgang Puck came out to talk to every table. Truely memorable.

1  Thank SarahBritton
Reviewed 4 September 2018 via mobile

Thank you to George McGettigan for sorting out dessert and drinks out at the end of the evening, very much appreciated Spago

1  Thank biggles504