“Barneys Over the Top”
Review of Barney's New York

Barney's New York
Ranked #9 of 36 Shopping in Beverly Hills
More attraction details
Owner description: Barneys is celebrity favorite for a reason-it presents a flawlessly curated selection of classic and trendy women's fashions, plus designer shoes, cosmetics, menswear, and a top-floor restaurant.
Reviewed 11 May 2016

Part of the upscale retail experience scene here is this giant-sized Barneys replete with all the necessities for looking good in the good life. Fun to see what's for sale, fun to see the shopping scene.

Reviewed 20 March 2015

I arrive and the lady valet who took my car, opened a snack bar right in front of me and proceeded to eat as she entered my vehicle. RUDE!!!!
I explained the situation when I went into the store and the first person acted like it was no big deal. The second person, she just informed me that they are not part of the company and that she would pass on the information. That is not how you take care of something!!!

As far as shopping, I enjoyed looking at all the bags/purses and the sales associates were very nice. I looked at each floor and I loved the arrangement of styles.
When I proceeded to the cosmetics and beauty aids department I felt like a victim in shark invested waters. One person, at least, from each counter quickly came to me and was constantly hovering and trying to push the free product with purchase. It was not that big of an area. Everyone had to have seen me and they were fighting over me, basically. I ended up, buying nothing because of it. They need to learn some decorum.

2  Thank prettyjuls23
Reviewed 16 January 2015

Unlike most shops on Rodeo Drive which specialize in one thing or another, Barney's has it all! The staff is hit or miss, some were eager to help and pleasant while others were hesitant and almost rude. But overall if you want a variety of great brands and quality items all in one store, I would suggest Barney's. Bring your wallet as the prices can be kind of expensive but if you catch a seasonal sale, you get get unbelievable prices on great merchandise!

Reviewed 25 December 2014

The store is extremely clean and the customers are all very friendly towards each other. The service I received was okay. It wasn't until they were sure I was a serious buyer did I actually receive much attention. The Louboutin sale is amazing and well-worth the buy. They had brand new Louboutins for $400 that were originally $800! What a steal! The displays in the store are very nice and the layout is very organized.

See more reviews
Reviewed 31 October 2014

What a great shopping experience. It might be expensive, but it's worth every penny. They recently did a major overhaul of the cosmetic section, moving it into the basement, which I don't really love? The light just isn't as good as it was on the main floor. Who decides these things? Maybe a guy who doesn't wear make up? But, it's still one of the best shopping experiences in LA and it gave more space for shoes, and who doesn't love shoes?!?