“What a breath of fresh air!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills

Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills
Ranked #10 of 15 Hotels in Beverly Hills
London
“What a breath of fresh air!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2012

I stayed at the Avalon for 4 nights from 2nd May - 6th May 2012. from the second i pulled up to check in the staff were very professional and smartly dressed, the hotel is spotless and very tastefully decorated, the rooms are beautiful and the pool area is stunning! the whole time i was there i was amazed at how well it was run, cocktails by the pool also a plus, i would highly recommend it.

I will be back there in a few months for sure.

Room Tip: i stayed in room 246, queen size bed, very peaceful, although in the new block next to the main buil...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Nick P
Diego H, General Manager at Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills, responded to this review, 10 May 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you for your recent four day visit and for your wonderful review. I am glad that you enjoyed the beautiful rooms, the tasteful décor, the stunning pool area and most importantly the professional service. My team and I appreciate your comments, visit and future recommendations to your friends and family. On behalf of everyone at Avalon, we look forward to your return trip from London.

Diego Heredia

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
  • Arabic first
Westminster, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2012

My wife and I heard of this hotel through friends. We decided to give it a try because we like variety and this place showed promise of being unique. It was. The Avalon had obviously seen at least one facelift and the aging process was easily seen. The retro look was for real. But the location was great and the staff was as helpful and professional as any I have met anywhere. Our room was large and quiet, the bed was large and comfortable and the sitting area was much appreciated. I wonder about the window in the bathroom door and I also think that if they want folks to reuse their towels for environmental reasons, they should be provided more towel hangers to do so, but those are tiny issues. One real surprise was Oliveria. Marko Paderno is an excellent chef! In our three days there we had breakfast every day, lunch once and dinner once. I say that because we didn't plan on being there at all, but the first taste brought us back for more.
In short, we found that the Avalon had no negatives. We'll be back.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Diego H, General Manager at Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills, responded to this review, 8 May 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you for your review and for your recent visit. I appreciate your comments about our great location and professional service. I have also shared your wonderful feedback about our restaurant and amazing food with chef Mirko. I am delighted to learn that one taste of his food kept bringing you back to Oliverio throughout your stay. On behalf of everyone at Avalon, we look forward to welcoming you and your wife back soon.

Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2012

you can't imagin when you arraive to hotel, it has 3 buildings but the hotel staff trying to dont give you a room in main building and they dont care what was the remark that you put on your booking , we are 2 boys and ask them for serate bed but they dont care and give us very smal room with a qeen size bed

Room Tip: have to have confirmation from hotel side that either accept to give you room on main building or ga...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Alirezachka
Diego H, General Manager at Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills, responded to this review, 5 May 2012
Dear guest,

I apologize about your recent experience. I have tried to contact you through the trip advisor site on order to get more details regarding your stay. Although my team tried to accommodate your request for two beds, the occupancy during that time did not allow this to take place. Please rest assured that we take pride in providing guest service to our guests and this issue will be addressed with Expedia to ensure we don’t have any further issues. Please contact me directly at your convenience so that we can discuss the details of your booking and to ensure we are able to welcome you back.

San Diego
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

Beautiful, trendy hotel, very nice service. Cute, retro decor. Problem is the size of the rooms - we found out (after our stay) that we had the smallest room in the hotel (it felt like Manhattan, not Beverly Hills) and it was also right on the busy street. Looking at the map of the hotel I see that there would be much larger and quieter rooms for the same price. So be sure to ask before they assign you a room!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank IslandBeck
Diego H, General Manager at Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills, responded to this review, 26 April 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review. I appreciate your comments about the décor of the hotel and most importantly about the service. My team is dedicated to making sure every guest has a memorable experience at the hotel. We do have several tiers and classes of rooms which allow us to have great flexibility when it comes to rates. We have our classic rooms which have a smaller footprint but still offer all the great amenities and décor as the rest of the hotel at more affordable rates. For those looking to have more room we have junior suites with patios and kitchenettes, and of course our beautiful penthouse. On behalf of my team, we look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Bangkok, Thailand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2012

Staying in LA for 5 nights and want to stay in Beverly Hills, this was the right choice. The rooms r nice and big, great beds, clean bathrooms. The food is great service very nice ... Just love it and very affordable.

Room Tip: If u want very quiet rooms request it. My room is street side, but I like the view, I don't mind...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank sweetkaka
Diego H, General Manager at Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills, responded to this review, 23 April 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Avalon for your 5 night trip to Los Angeles. I appreciate your comments about the rooms, big beds, clean bathrooms, great food and nice service. I am also glad that you found our hotel to be very affordable. On behalf of my team, we look forward to your return visit.