2 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Sonder
US$246
View deal
Hotels.com
1,346 results
All reviews great location rooftop deck valet parking troubadour weho supermarket closet suitcases hollywood boutique vibe
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 June 2022

I was in LA this past February because my elderly father took a fall and was in hospice. I was there helping to keep him comfortable while we waited for the inevitable end. It was very sad and stressful. About 6 days into that I booked a two night stay at Sonder in LA. Sadly, or perhaps mercifully my dad passed a few hours later. So I had to head back to NY to be with family and prepare for his funeral. I called Sonder within several hours of making my booking and asked to cancel the reservation. They refused, even after I explained the situation. I really couldn't believe how heartless they were. Most hotels will generally be willing to cancel your reservation and refund your money even if you are technically outside of the time this is allowed. It's a gesture of good faith and good for business. But not Sonder. They were just awful to me during that difficult time. This is not a company that I would like to see succeed.
They are relatively cheap, so you may still choose to stay here, but if there's even the slightest doubt as to whether or not you will keep the reservation, know that there is a 100% chance that they will keep your money if you try to cancel.

Date of stay: February 2022
Reviewed 17 June 2022

This hotel *should* be the gem some of the older reviews depict: it's in a good location; it has a courtyard and a rooftop deck; it's a boutique remodel of a classic postwar motel. But, alas, it appears to be being run into the ground by indifferent ownership.

Three-quarters of the courtyard you see in the pictures has been taken over by a tennant, the restaurant, and the few couches and tables that remain for guest use are in a state of filth and disrepair. On arrival, the tables were covered in sticky spilled coffee; four days later they remained in the same state. The roof closes before sunset, which is when you'd want to be there. The room I had - contrary to the photo - was tiny, grim, effectively windowless, and compared unfavorably with a Days Inn. The in room coffeemaker had no cream/creamer and the front desk was out...for all five days I was there.

The staff -- of which there are very few, this really being an Air BnB pretending to be a hotel -- were friendly enough, but clearly not empowered to solve problems.

It's still not a terrible value for where it is, but its shortcomings are so unnecessary I wouldn't want to reward a company that allows them to continue, judging by other reviews, for months on end.

Room tip: Avoid rooms on ground floor courtyard.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Y4824VBcolinw
Reviewed 27 May 2022

I was in town to see two shows at the Troubadour. When I looked at my options nearby, the Beverly Terrace was the most economical value. Being in Beverely Hills everything else was 2 to 3 times more expensive than this place. I was very happy with the accomodations.

Reviewed 25 May 2022 via mobile

I love Beverly Terrace. One of the best properties in Beverly Hills and has an amazing restaurant on site that offers dinner. The outside courtyard is also amazing. Perfect place to sit and relax. Room was also clean and comfortable

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 22 May 2022 via mobile

Just spent 5 nights at The Sonder (Beverly Terrace). Excellent location between West Hollywood and Beverly Hills - so much within walking distance - The Troubadour, restaurants, bars, groceries, coffee. Also had a great, late dinner one night at the cozy restaurant in the hotel. Lovely courtyard full of plants and plenty of seating. Read some questionable reviews before our stay and almost reconsidered- so glad we didn’t! Is the building brand new? No. But it’s charming and well kept. Carpets had just been cleaned in common areas. My friend and I had separate rooms and both were perfectly spotless. The bed was so comfortable and full of pillows. Had plenty of clean towels. Room was quiet, nothing woke me at point other than my alarm! Roku is a welcome tv treat. Front desk folks were all friendly and helpful (shoutout Hailey - you rock!) Will happily stay here next time because on top of everything, was a great deal!

Trip type: Travelled with friends