“Lucy is the Best ”

Americas Best Value Inn
Ranked #18 of 20 Hotels in Berkeley
Reviewed 26 July 2017 via mobile

This will be my second time staying here.

First impression:

Simple and Affordable with amazing employees and customer service.

Lucy who works the front is AMAZING. You can tell she cares and makes staying here feel like home :) She goes out of her way to make sure you are taken care of before you even ask. She will hook you up! God bless thank you for all your help!

Dog friendly! my pups get to hang out with Arty, the managers super cool and chill dog .

All the maids are friendly. I have had Ciella and Gloria clean my room and they go over and BEYOND. Place is always spotless and it gets messy! I leave my 2 poms and they just clean around them and make sure they are ok. With lots of attention

Very chill place to stay.

Chris is the manager. You can tell he makes sure his team takes good care of his guests.

Thank you!

Thanks a Million!

Free

Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo

Reviewed 27 June 2017

The bed was rock hard. The cleaning staff the next morning were very loud. Woke us up from several doors down. However the room was clean. The location was great. Parking was good. Safe. Well lit. If not for the concrete bed and hyper loud cleaners, we'd stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 5 June 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for one night and I really liked it, quirky, clean and quiet in what seemed to be a nice area. It was perfect for us location wise for exploring Berkeley and Oakland. I'd definitely stay again

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 March 2017 via mobile

The Golden Bear Inn in Berkeley, Ca has given us the right kind of peace of mind we needed. My family lives the look and feel of this place. It's so quaint and serene the minute you pull in the parking lot. In the lobby there is always coffee and yes available. Plus a computer station, with the coolest chair made out of clubs. The maid service is impeccable. Those women keep this the cleanest hotel I have ever stayed in. Every single member of this hotels staff, treats us with the most kindness, and shows just how gentle the hearts and souls really are.
Thank you all for being our favorite Berkeley hotel.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 February 2017

This is a very old motel badly in need of renovation. It's cheap and shabby. Paint was peeling in the bathroom, in some rooms the windows wouldn't close, doors were squeaky, etc. The walls are paper thin and I spent several sleepless nights from people quarreling or partying hard. I went out several times two nights running to complain, but to no avail. Appalling. It was the worst time I have ever spent in an American hotel. I would never return. The only positive things I can say is that the staff is friendly and the Acme Bread across the street is the best in town.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
TheBearGM, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2017

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review. I'm sorry to hear about the condition of your room, we are always working to improve our property and are currently upgrading our rooms and bathrooms. It sounds like it is coming at a good time. As for the loud guests, unfortunately not everyone abides by the "Quiet Please" sign we have on the property. I wish that were the case, for everyone's benefit. Thanks again for writing, we will correct the issue at hand as soon as we can.

Chris Koertge