All reviews shower pressure quick drive san francisco parking lot bart station oakland
Reviewed 22 February 2017

This is a very old motel badly in need of renovation. It's cheap and shabby. Paint was peeling in the bathroom, in some rooms the windows wouldn't close, doors were squeaky, etc. The walls are paper thin and I spent several sleepless nights from people quarreling or partying hard. I went out several times two nights running to complain, but to no avail. Appalling. It was the worst time I have ever spent in an American hotel. I would never return. The only positive things I can say is that the staff is friendly and the Acme Bread across the street is the best in town.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank agordon254
TheBearGM, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2017

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review. I'm sorry to hear about the condition of your room, we are always working to improve our property and are currently upgrading our rooms and bathrooms. It sounds like it is coming at a good time. As for the loud guests, unfortunately not everyone abides by the "Quiet Please" sign we have on the property. I wish that were the case, for everyone's benefit. Thanks again for writing, we will correct the issue at hand as soon as we can.

Chris Koertge

Reviewed 12 January 2017

This is a primarily one level "old school" lodging that was probably built in the 1930's or 40's in classic California style. The check in was very easy and the front desk staff was super friendly and helpful. They had a flood in some rooms and my reserved double queen room was replaced with a single queen and my account was credited for the difference immediately. This place is old, and sadly, a bit shabby. But it is clean. The bed wasn't the most comfortable, but for one night, it's ok. The shower was great. Lots of hot water and excellent water pressure. This is across the street from the famed Acme bread and within walking distance of Whole Foods, restaurants, and shops. Fieldwork Brewing and the UC campus are about a mile away. This is a pretty basic "you get what you pay for" motel. It's too bad someone didn't get a hold of this property and restore it to its original roots instead of the kind of wonky remodel they apparently did. It has the potential to be very charming, even if it isn't exactly up to today's standards for size and amenities.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank obleak1
TheBearGM, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2017

Thanks for the comments and yes, the property was built in 1946 and holds classic California style. We are currently renovating the rooms with hardwood floors, etc. but also want to keep as much of the original charm as possible. Come check it out next time you're in town, we would love your feedback!

Reviewed 25 September 2016

This is a mom and pop motel. For the area, which is very expensive, it is not bad. I would certainly recommend if you are just passing through for the night. I was in town for business and the wifi was out the entire time I was there. And, while the room was clean, it was very outdated. It was a no frills type of stay. There was a microwave and fridge in the room. The neighborhood was great though with lots of food and the university nearby.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 September 2016

I enjoyed the walkable location on San Pablo Avenue and was able to visit many shops and restaurants that were good. The front office staff were friendly and helpful. The room was basic and clean. We stayed in the single level portion and parking was convenient outside our door. I would return because of price, location and the kindness of the staff.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the back off San Pablo Avenue. It will be quieter.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank B B
Reviewed 23 September 2016

A very old and seedy property, definitely limit your stay to one night. Filthy carpets, linens, and bathroom. No air con, limited internet, and a clientele that will make you want to run away. Never again!

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else...............
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple