All reviews shower pressure quick drive san francisco parking lot bart station oakland bay
Reviewed 25 September 2016

This is a mom and pop motel. For the area, which is very expensive, it is not bad. I would certainly recommend if you are just passing through for the night. I was in town for business and the wifi was out the entire time I was there. And, while the room was clean, it was very outdated. It was a no frills type of stay. There was a microwave and fridge in the room. The neighborhood was great though with lots of food and the university nearby.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 September 2016

I enjoyed the walkable location on San Pablo Avenue and was able to visit many shops and restaurants that were good. The front office staff were friendly and helpful. The room was basic and clean. We stayed in the single level portion and parking was convenient outside our door. I would return because of price, location and the kindness of the staff.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the back off San Pablo Avenue. It will be quieter.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank B B
Reviewed 23 September 2016

A very old and seedy property, definitely limit your stay to one night. Filthy carpets, linens, and bathroom. No air con, limited internet, and a clientele that will make you want to run away. Never again!

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else...............
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank michael755
Reviewed 19 September 2016 via mobile

We were told in advance that the neighborhood was "edgy" but experienced no safety problems at all. Quiet and clean with comfortable beds, lovely toiletries, great service and free parking. A few blocks from Whole Foods where we ate breakfast daily. Affordable basic accommodations in an expensive part of the state.

Please note: We were initially offered a room with an unpleasant odor but were immediately given a different room at our request.

Also: Yes, homeless people are everywhere in Berkeley. Very sad but true. They never approached us, and it seems they keep to themselves. You will see them constantly but they will not interact with you in any way.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sine-Wave
Reviewed 30 August 2016 via mobile

Always a nice place to go to when you're in Berkeley clean, the people that work here are kind helpful!
Also proud to say this is my third time staying here and for the price and the beauty and the best hot water for shower"s

I would highly recommend this place it's worth it the price is right!
P.S to whomever said there were bed bugs in this place I don't think so never has when I was here and Now
Thanks American best value