“Large beer selection with standard pub food”

Triple Rock Brewery
Ranked #38 of 790 Restaurants in Berkeley
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Bar
Reviewed 7 September 2016

This brew pub is located in downtown Berkeley. They have a large selection of beers brewed on the premises. They are mostly IPA-style beers with a hoppy finish. Some are more "floral" than others. You can purchase a tasting flight if you wish. Food is the usual pub fare: burgers, salads, and appetizers and was par for the course. Service was friendly and efficient.

Last time we went (Sunday early evening) the crowd was mixed ages and very pleasant. I'm not sure how it is late evening.

Renovations are still underway, but they don't affect the main dining area.

Reviewed 2 September 2016

Great little brewery. The only issue I had is we picked this pub based on the menu that was submitted online to TripAdvisor and the menu had been changed without notice. The menu went from a large selection of food items to a very small selection. This usually wouldn't be an issue for us but there wasn't anything on the menu I was interested in.

Reviewed 29 August 2016 via mobile

Saw the old menu on trip advisor and decided to go, was disappointed when they slimmed it down offering a 1/3 of the old stuff. Although, my burger was good and the beer was great!

Reviewed 23 July 2016

I guess one man's 'comfortable' is another's "seedy, funky", so...they're expanding and renovating, and I expect a cleaner more attractive venue and with more room, and with the same great beer and food. I just hope that they bring back the muffuletta that they offered for so many years. There website didn't indicate a non-op status, and I had to 'run' down the street to Jupiter.

Reviewed 27 June 2016

Visited with two friends and the three of us squeezed into a table on the deck - it was open seating. Even though it was on a rooftop deck, it was very loud! Took awhile to put our order in with the busy server. The glass of wine I ordered (wine at a brewery - weird I know!) was warm. Warm! I asked for a cold one and he said that was all they had if that's what I got. They were out of their signature beer on a Friday night. One of the beer tasters we ordered never came even though we asked for it three times.

The nachos were a pile of chips, melted cheese, some weird bean-chili mixture from a can, jarred salsa and a blob of sour cream. My turkey burger was really good! I liked the fries, too. Hand cut and not too greasy. It's $0.50 for a side of ranch. Took a long time for the food to come.

The place feels dirty, like sticky, stale beer film on the tables and floors. I won't go back.