“fabulous quiet out-of-the-way 1st class Chinese restaurant. service was perfect!”
Review of Gin Mon

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Gin Mon
Ranked #23 of 77 Restaurants in Belmont
Reviewed 26 April 2017

Late Saturday evening dinner in restaurant almost all to ourselves. Romantic quiet location in out-of-the-way little 1950s era mall. The food was superior to most Chinese restaurants as was the service. I highly recommend!

Reviewed 20 July 2016

Stopped for a quick lunch and service was quick and the food was fairly good but not a lot of quantity with the chicken dish. The spring rolls were excellent, I ate almost 5 on my own. It's a good little place for a meal.

Reviewed 13 June 2016

My husband and I came here for lunch before grocery shopping next door. We had the pot stickers for an appetizer, which were a little on the doughy side but the soy sauce served with them was very good. My husband ordered the General chicken for his lunch entrée while I had the Gin Mon prawns. Both dishes were great. The chicken had a very thin coating, if any, and was superb. It was sautéed along with vegetables like peppers, carrots, zucchini, and bok choy and the sauce made it all come together beautifully. My prawns were similar to sweet and sour but without the coating and the sauce was more flavorful than sweet. The service was friendly and the ambience, though in the middle of a strip mall, surprisingly nice and quiet. I'd highly recommend eating here.

Reviewed 7 March 2016

We hadn't been to Gin Mon in years. We decided to stop in for lunch.
It appears that the ownership has changed, but the food was still good and fresh.

Reviewed 1 January 2016

This restaurant is inside Carlmont Shopping Center. Very authentic Chinese food. Good atmosphere, Table cloths and waitresses very attentive, We had a wonderful lunch that included soup,appetizer,rice and entree..They also do take out and Caterings

Been to Gin Mon? Share your experiences!