“One of the best Sushi places in town”
Review of Jin Sushi

Jin Sushi
Ranked #25 of 960 Restaurants in Bakersfield
Reviewed 25 September 2018 via mobile

Bakersfield has so many Sushi restaurants now. Jin Sushi is one of the standout sushi places. This gem is found in downtown. Parking can be difficult to find during peak hours, but don't let that stop you. They are worth dining at.

I have tried so much Good stuff during our trips here. All the sushi has tasted good to excellent. Fresh and yummy!! The Mango Tango Roll, Monster Lobster Roll, Scottish Salmon Collar, and any of the other Salmon Rolls would be my favorites. Haven't tasted any bad sushi at Jin yet.

For drinks, try the Pineapple Cold Sake! It is uniquely good! The Gyoza Dumpling and Seaweed Salad are delicious appetizer choices. For dessert, the Mochi ice cream is a nice treat. I prefer the Tempura Cheesecake with ice cream cause it is sinfully delish!!

I have tried other entrees besides sushi. Unfortunately, they don't bring me the same satisfaction. For lunch, I've tried their Bento boxes. The bentos include 6 California rolls, miso soup, salad, 3 gyoza, and steamed rice. Good value priced for lunch. The Chicken Katsu I had was overcooked so was not a fan. The Chicken Teriyaki I tried on another visit was much better. Bulgogi entree included miso soup and salad with pineapple dressing, and it was pretty fine overall. Hot Stone Chicken Bibimbap was ok, but wouldn't order again.

Well, that summarizes the food portion of my review. The sushi is terrific and some of the best around!! The other entrees are just okay to me.

Definitely give Jin Sushi a go! The restaurant is clean, modern, and the service has always been spot on!

Reviewed 7 September 2018

This is the 3rd time I've eaten at Jin Sushi and for me the most important part is consistency. The quality of the food always meets my expectations and the Service is reliable and dependable.

One thing that sets them apart from other Sushi places in Bakersfield is their presentation. The Cucumber Salad, Sunomono, is served in a large martini glass with shredded radish, their Sushi is nestled among edible flowers, or served in a spoon. We ordered their Volcano Sushi, which is wrapped in foil, placed on a dish and lit on fire.

Everything we ordered was delicious, but I think the Volcano had a distinct metallic taste, probably from the foil and lighter fluid; I'm sure it's not actually lighter fluid.

The restaurant is nicely decorated and has a very open and airy feel. As I mentioned, the wait staff is very friendly and accommodating.

Price is a tad bit higher than other Sushi Restaurants, but the food quality, staff and ambiance make up for it.

Reviewed 19 August 2018

SO happily surprised to find Jin Sushi.

Been here for lunch on numerous occasions.
Fish is always very fresh and Kong is a superb chef with an artistic flare.
One of the few places that offers fresh wasabi...YES!
They also have a nice list of sakés, including ginjo and daiginjo.

Note: I love my sushi and sashimi...even got up at 4:00am to go to Tsukuji fish market auction in Tokyo. Afterwards, had sushi there for breakfast...
Jin's in downtown Bakersfield ranks up there among my top 5 favorite sushi places worldwide. :-) Who would have guessed...in the desert?!

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

Reviewed 15 August 2018 via mobile

Nice place and staff is kind and smiley. There is a good choice of dishes and prices are fair. I suggest it to local people but also to visitors like me.

Reviewed 4 August 2018 via mobile

When traveling in the area and a sushi craving occurs, this is a MUST stop. They have a huge variety of creative rolls to choose from, each having amazing decorations!