See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Had asked for non-smoking room, ground floor, two queen beds. First room was ground floor but smelled of cigarette smoke and TV was not working. I asked for a different room. Second room also smelled of cigarette smoke but TV was working. I asked for yet another room, non-smoking. Third room was in the "breezeway". No smell of cigarette smoke, TV was working but had only a queen bed, not the two I had requested. I accepted it even though it would have been nice to have the second bed. Carrows Restaurant next door is very convenient and decent prices for dinner. In the morning, I stopped at the McDonald's across the street for coffee and an McMuffin as I drove out of Bakersfield towards Fresno. I might come back here if I had to since it's just off the Freeway (99) and food/restaurants are near by.

Room Tip: Never slept in a room in the "breeze way" before. But it turned out that it was quieter than other rooms that are not in the "breeze way".
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Paul V
Reviewed 29 May 2014

This hotel is absolutely horrible, we have two bus loads of 7th grade children that we take on a 10 day ecology trip to the Grand Canyon , we book a block of nonsmoking rooms 10-12 months in advance, we stay in several different cities along our rt, Bakersfield is the only city that we have any issues in check in and facilities , to start the place is in such disrepair with holes in walls, the flooring in the bathroom is rotted and smelled of mildew, the carpets were so dirty you could not walk on them without feet turning black, just to name a few problems
Then we come to the hookers walking around the grounds then proceeding to their room with the clients. We said something to the manager in duty oh she's just a patron, we insisted they take a look, then she finally said she'd call police , they never showed.
When we finally got checked in 1 1/2 hours later some of our kids had been given smoking rooms we had to get changed. Yup another 1/2 hour , the desk clerk just kept saying Welllll we can't give you all of our nonsmoking rooms I need some. Excuse me ! When we booked them all was great and it was not a problem.
Every other motel 6 we stay in always has our rooms assigned when we get there, this one said that is impossible, we do send the names and lists in advance so really not sure why they have this issue
Anyway Bottom line this hotel needs to be demolished it's in horrible condition and management is incapable of any customer care.
--------------DO NOT STAY HERE---------

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
7  Thank slatsbb
Reviewed 31 August 2013

My husband, and two friends were driving from OR to Las Vegas. We choose Bakersfield as our stopping point for the evening. I had read the reviews on TripAdvisor and we wanted clean and close to the freeway. This met our needs. For $49 we had a clean room with a queen bed. You could buy their Wi Fi for $2.99 a day which I thought was an excellent buy as I have stayed at might "higher" end hotels that charge you over $10 per day.

There is a Carrow's restaurant next door and Del Taco. Marie Calendars, Wendy's, and Quizno's are all in walking distance as well.

I would stay again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank dietcoke22
Reviewed 16 June 2013

This is your basic Motel 6 experience. A basic room for a good rate. The traffic sounds were not too bad once you were in your room. The staff were friendly. I did have the BEST computer tech support of any hotel (even much higher end hotels) from this tech person than I had ever experienced before. This guy knew his stuff and did not give up until he fixed a number of issues on my laptop before I got connected. He was great!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Kathleen C
Reviewed 4 May 2013

Bakersfield isn't really a vacation stop and like most other reviewers we were in transit for business. Reception was good quick and efficient.
Fifteen minutes after checking in we got a call from customer service to ask if the room was OK.
That was a first at an M6 for me, but a nice touch.

There was nothing spectacular to say about the motel, so nothing bad either.

Room Tip: we always book a ground floor drive up and the motel complied with our request
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business