See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 29 May 2014

This hotel is absolutely horrible, we have two bus loads of 7th grade children that we take on a 10 day ecology trip to the Grand Canyon , we book a block of nonsmoking rooms 10-12 months in advance, we stay in several different cities along our rt, Bakersfield is the only city that we have any issues in check in and facilities , to start the place is in such disrepair with holes in walls, the flooring in the bathroom is rotted and smelled of mildew, the carpets were so dirty you could not walk on them without feet turning black, just to name a few problems
Then we come to the hookers walking around the grounds then proceeding to their room with the clients. We said something to the manager in duty oh she's just a patron, we insisted they take a look, then she finally said she'd call police , they never showed.
When we finally got checked in 1 1/2 hours later some of our kids had been given smoking rooms we had to get changed. Yup another 1/2 hour , the desk clerk just kept saying Welllll we can't give you all of our nonsmoking rooms I need some. Excuse me ! When we booked them all was great and it was not a problem.
Every other motel 6 we stay in always has our rooms assigned when we get there, this one said that is impossible, we do send the names and lists in advance so really not sure why they have this issue
Anyway Bottom line this hotel needs to be demolished it's in horrible condition and management is incapable of any customer care.
--------------DO NOT STAY HERE---------

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
7  Thank slatsbb
Reviewed 31 August 2013

My husband, and two friends were driving from OR to Las Vegas. We choose Bakersfield as our stopping point for the evening. I had read the reviews on TripAdvisor and we wanted clean and close to the freeway. This met our needs. For $49 we had a clean room with a queen bed. You could buy their Wi Fi for $2.99 a day which I thought was an excellent buy as I have stayed at might "higher" end hotels that charge you over $10 per day.

There is a Carrow's restaurant next door and Del Taco. Marie Calendars, Wendy's, and Quizno's are all in walking distance as well.

I would stay again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank dietcoke22
Reviewed 16 June 2013

This is your basic Motel 6 experience. A basic room for a good rate. The traffic sounds were not too bad once you were in your room. The staff were friendly. I did have the BEST computer tech support of any hotel (even much higher end hotels) from this tech person than I had ever experienced before. This guy knew his stuff and did not give up until he fixed a number of issues on my laptop before I got connected. He was great!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Kathleen C
Reviewed 4 May 2013

Bakersfield isn't really a vacation stop and like most other reviewers we were in transit for business. Reception was good quick and efficient.
Fifteen minutes after checking in we got a call from customer service to ask if the room was OK.
That was a first at an M6 for me, but a nice touch.

There was nothing spectacular to say about the motel, so nothing bad either.

Room Tip: we always book a ground floor drive up and the motel complied with our request
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank David82605
Reviewed 19 February 2013

Stayed on February 14th as a pit stop on a trip to the Monterey area. We arrived around 9:00 p.m. and left fairly early.

The hotel was clean. Check-in was at the night desk, and other then feeling she could have hurried more or been a bit more friendly, it was fine. Parking, etc. felt a bit exposed, but this is a busy part of Bakersfield, near the freeway....hard to complain about it being loud and active.

The biggest negative was the thinness of the walls, particularly the exterior wall. We were on the second floor (would advise trying for first floor, but we knew we'd probably be out of luck with our late arrival). We were right at the top of the stairs. People coming up were amazingly loud and rude....but that isn't really Motel 6's fault. But what was amazing is how the movements on the stairs and balcony transferred into our room. It felt almost literally like we were on the other side of a trampoline from a bouncing child.

If this had kept us from sleeping well, I would have lowered to 2 stars (as it is, this is probably like 2.5 stars). But we slept well, which probably means the beds were decent (and yes, we were tired).

And now a general complaint.....its kind of a bummer that clocks and kleenex seem to be going away in motel rooms.

Coffee available in the lobby in the morning was a plus. I think we will try something else in this class, or, if we have any extra money, upgrade a bit, before we stay here again as we pass through Bakersfield.

Room Tip: Stay on the first floor
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family