See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 19 February 2013

Stayed on February 14th as a pit stop on a trip to the Monterey area. We arrived around 9:00 p.m. and left fairly early.

The hotel was clean. Check-in was at the night desk, and other then feeling she could have hurried more or been a bit more friendly, it was fine. Parking, etc. felt a bit exposed, but this is a busy part of Bakersfield, near the freeway....hard to complain about it being loud and active.

The biggest negative was the thinness of the walls, particularly the exterior wall. We were on the second floor (would advise trying for first floor, but we knew we'd probably be out of luck with our late arrival). We were right at the top of the stairs. People coming up were amazingly loud and rude....but that isn't really Motel 6's fault. But what was amazing is how the movements on the stairs and balcony transferred into our room. It felt almost literally like we were on the other side of a trampoline from a bouncing child.

If this had kept us from sleeping well, I would have lowered to 2 stars (as it is, this is probably like 2.5 stars). But we slept well, which probably means the beds were decent (and yes, we were tired).

And now a general complaint.....its kind of a bummer that clocks and kleenex seem to be going away in motel rooms.

Coffee available in the lobby in the morning was a plus. I think we will try something else in this class, or, if we have any extra money, upgrade a bit, before we stay here again as we pass through Bakersfield.

Room Tip: Stay on the first floor
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank elwood9
Reviewed 2 February 2013 via mobile

Typical nice Motel 6. Staff was friendly. Neighborhood seems nice- right off highway so easy to get to. Rooms and grounds nice and clean. Grass for dog to go in. Places to eat near by. We would come back!

• Stayed: February 2013
2  Thank k8sfst1
Reviewed 2 January 2013

This was our 2nd time staying here; once again, traveling between cities. This time, we were not able to reserve the room before arrival and so we did not get the $45.99 price, however, $50+tax for a clean room with amenities, working TV, clean sheets & towels is still a great value for the money. Once again, one can get the morning coffee before going to the restaurant for their breakfast. This is a very good place to stay while driving between cities and get tired and need a place to crash before continuing the next morning.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Margeskk
Reviewed 1 July 2012

We were traveling through, got tired of driving and stopped by this Motel 6. The location is very convenient, close to the main highway. The room was very clean with basic amenities, working television and no-smoke smelling room. In the morning, you can get your first cup of coffee in the office until you get your breakfast at one of the lcoal restaurants in the surrounding area. Making a reservation 20-30 minutes before arrival we were able to get the $45.99+tax rate for a room with two Queen beds.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 June 2012

I stayed here earlier this week and found it to be a really good value with a great location near downtown. Like most Motel 6s the room was very spartan. So, make sure you bring your own shampoo, for instance. However, the room was extremely clean and had all the basics. The staff was also very friendly and helpful. For example, on the second night my door key stopped working and they were able to fix it in seconds.

There are also a lot of places to eat within walking distances and a nice Barnes & Noble across the street, which has a Starbucks Cafe and really good free Wi-Fi.

Overall, I had a good stay. However, I have a few minor complaints. Number 1, there were no Kleenexes in the room. (I had to make do with toilet paper.) Second, the Wi-Fi was so weak it was basically useless. What's worse, they charge $2.99 a day for it. Third, I was propositioned by a hooker in the parking lot. (Fortunately, I told her I wasn't interested and she left me alone.)

Still, I can definitely recommend them due to the location near the freeway and downtown, the price, the quality of the room, and the excellent staff.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business