All reviewscrystal palaceattached restaurantlarge poolwould stay againbed was very comfortablelas vegasbuckfreewaystopover
Reviewed 15 March 2018

Not worth Your money. Staff didn’t really seem to care for their job, not at all for customers. Big size on the room, and that’s about all the positive there was.
Free wi-fi, I understand why; there was no wi-fi at all. Noticed the front desk twice without any respons at all. Breakfast boring, new staff but still not interesting in the customers. Save Your money,drive through Bakersfield.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 March 2018

Service was nice at first, we even received 2 free breakfast vouchers, checked in quickly and on our way to our room we went... we were greeted by a room less than what we had reserved weeks in advance and paid for up front. When I went back to the front desk to request the room we paid for, the host (different from the first at check in) was less than helpful and acted as though we inconvenienced her by wanting her to do her work and provide us what we paid for. She informed me they only had one room left in the style I booked so she wasn't sure she could give that to us. I informed her she should only have that room left because we booked it and didn't get checked into it. After rudely demanding if we contaminated the room we'd already went into,and having me make sure the next room had the amenities we paid for she reluctantly moved our rooms. We moved our baggage to the new room, checked out the balcony, noticed the empty pool? No mention of this not being usable on the website or upon check in. We sat at the table to make our dinner plans and much to our dismay we were met with cobwebs!! Not just your average "oh, couldn't quite reach that corner" but LOTS of Cobwebs!! Across the ceiling and in each corner. Then was the non stop running faucet in the bathtub which had clearly been running for some time as the tub had yellowed from hard water damage, my husband then found a nice pile of chip crumbs, maybe they thought we were eating in that night? A bottle cap, sadly no Dr Pepper to match that distinct maroon cap, could have went nicely with our chips. The microwave stunk like food the food that was cooked to the tray had been recooked over and over! An old orange pill on the floor, no shampoo in the bathroom with our 2 lotions and empty handy soap dispenser. We loved the quaint balcony we had last time, however this time we were given a very open patio with no chairs or quaint feeling. I felt like anyone could come through the very large glass slider at any point. We did have a lovely quiet dinner at The Junction Diner with the sweetest young man waiter. He was very attentive and made us feel at home. But then the bed was really hard, like floor hard. I ended up at urgent care with a back spasm. Why aren't the beds uniform in the rooms? We stayed here previously and had such a wonderful stay. Nothing like this one. I recognized the same staff from our previous stay so it wasn't "new employees" or "training" Frankly, I'm just not sure what went wrong. With such a beautiful facility and vehicle parked in your lobby you'd think your service would meet a higher standard. I took plenty of pictures of our encounter if they need them to retrain their staff. I really hope they get it together before we come back. Or we never will and that's sad because we liked this place a lot.

Room Tip: We love the rooms with the balcony! Private and cozy! Not the patio though. People can pretty much walk into your slider with the patio.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 March 2018

This is a totally outdated hotel... oh and if you get an upstairs room you have to schlep your luggage upstairs! and don't look at the ceiling.. the room was chilly unless you leave the heat blasting all night. threadbare blankets... i called and asked for additional blankets...reply: "i'll see if we have any" and that was the last i heard. stayed here Friday nite... March 2nd.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 March 2018

Desk staff were rude. We walked by a room being cleaned and saw housekeeping going through someones bag. So we took all of our things with us every time. No hot water complained two separate days each time they acted like I never told them ( Same person each time) So i wanted to check out early and they charged me a extra 50 dollars. The free breakfast is horrible the waitress told us and other people as she coughed on all the food that she just needed a drink to get through the morning. If you have to stay here you will be better off staying in your car!

Room Tip: Go some where else
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

We won’t stay here again. Too many issues but I will try to be brief: the reservation process was bad - They charged a $100 deposit on the room without telling us. Refund will take 2-3 days. We reserved a king non-smoking room but when we arrived they gave us a 2 double beds in what appeared to be a smoking room. They said it was because we brought our dogs and they are not allowed in king rooms. Both of these issues could have been handled at the time of the reservation. The room was inadequate - 2 people but only one set of small towels, when I asked for another set of large towels, they gave me one. Coffee pot was only equipped with decaf. The thermostat fascinates between heat and cooling the whole time. The restaurant is inadequate - sat for 15 minutes before being acknowledged. Had to ask for a coffee cup but then he didn’t pour from the pot in his hand. Asked for water and they brought one glass. When asked how my stay was, I said that I would never stay here again. The two front desk staff looked at each other and never acknowledged me again.Very odd place and a comedy of errors if we could laugh this off!!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family