“Fantastic service in okay hotel”

Sleep Inn And Suites
Ranked #44 of 63 Hotels in Bakersfield
Reviewed 30 July 2017

It is not often you run across a desk clerk like the one I encountered at the Sleep Inn. He ran ahead to my room to turn on the AC, he gave perfect instructions, secured a quiet room and was charming, affable and went out of his way to help me at every turn. If the entire property could be judged by his service I would rate this Four Seasons five stars.

My room was refurbished, clean, freshly painted etc. and the amenities were good. However my bed was average, the hallways and elevator carpeting were on the disgraceful side and there are no vending machines or shop to buy a little something should one require a snack or other item - one finds this at a La Quinta, for example.

Still the room was a good size, quiet, comfortable, well situated to everything in town and the highway and I had a good night's sleep.

I look forward to a complete renovation and then it would jump in my rating.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Tim G, Front Desk Clerk at Sleep Inn And Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2017

We appreciate your taking the time to publish your comments here. We do strive to make our guests' stay as comfortable and enjoyable as possible. We hope that if your travel plans ever bring you back to Bakersfield, that you would choose to stay with us again.
Best Wishes,
Tim G.

Reviewed 24 July 2017

As a Choice Hotels Elite member you can believe it when I say this place has the absolute worst customer service imaginable. A woman named Sandy claims to be the owner and after being confronted with losing our reservation, a faulty door lock and bait and switching rates, she arrogantly states that she doesn't care about complaints because they are independent from "Choice Hotels". If she is in fact the owner, can't imagine that Choice Hotels or the Sleep Inn franchise have any clue to how bad this beauty is hurting their reputation.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Tim G, Front Desk Clerk at Sleep Inn And Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2017

We sincerely apologize for the issues you say you experienced during your stay. We will work to address these issues.
Thank you for your comments.

Reviewed 24 July 2017 via mobile

I stopped there over night from a long drive from Sacramento. I got there very late. Room was clean but the lady who registered me was not very friendly. She did not say hello..or welcome or even acknowledge I was even standing there. I waited until she was done doing whatever she was doing to finally look at me and asked me what I wanted..told this lady I had a registration..and she finally asked me for my drivers license. Breakfast was decent..front desk morning lady was very nice...the night lady was not nice and in fact was rude...the man was indifferent. I left as soon as I could the next morning
Won't be returning.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
Tim G, Front Desk Clerk at Sleep Inn And Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2017

Thank you for posting your comments here. We take our guests comments, both positive and negative to heart. While it would seem some aspects of stay were in fact good, these were overshadowed by the negative aspects of your stay, and for that we sincerely apologize. We do, and will, take steps for insure such items that were less than satisfactory wont happen again. We sincerely hope that you would indeed choose to stay with us again in the future.
Once again, thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 10 June 2017 via mobile

The male host was very nice and is the only reason why we stayed. We had to be moved into 3 different rooms before we got a semi clean, mold free room. Pool and spa was shut down for health reasons. Never again will i stay in this poop hole hotel. Room is a smoke free room but reaks of cigarettes and the walls were used as an ash try and were not cleaned. Good thing i brought my own blanket and pillow. I wouldnt trust theirs at all.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Tim G, Front Desk Clerk at Sleep Inn And Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2017

We want to sincerely apologize for the issues you experienced during your stay. We are continuing to strive to improve our facility and experience our guests have. We welcome any feedback provided to us, and will use this feedback in our day to day operations. Thank you for taking the time to write about your issues.

Reviewed 9 June 2017

If your looking for a cheap place to stay for one night then this place is ok. It has worn and old furniture, you can hear the freeway in the room, the beds are ok, and there were a few bugs in the room. Basic breakfast is available in the morning. It's a cheap place and you pay for what you get. Would I stay here again. NO.

Stayed: May 2017
Tim G, Front Desk Clerk at Sleep Inn And Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2017

We appreciate your taking the time to post a review. We sincerely apologize that your experience was not up to your standards. We would hope that such feedback would have been done during your stay as so we could address these concerns personally. If you could kindly contact us with specific details of your issues we would surely appreciate it.