“Party of 8”

Ranked #315 of 960 Restaurants in Bakersfield
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Bar Scene
Description: Sandrini’s Public House opened in 2005 and has since been a privately owned and operated restaurant, bar, and live music venue in the heart of downtown Bakersfield. From amazing food to the entertaining nightlife, Sandrini’s is also known to have one of the broadest whiskey and craft beer selections in Kern County. We strive to offer great food, and the continued support of the local music scene. The bar features live music every Friday and Saturday night, weekly trivia nights, Saturday and Sunday morning breakfast and brunch, Sandrini’s Public House offers the same great atmosphere and entertainment while still offering a taste of the Italian and Basque food that our family history is proudly rooted in.
Reviewed 4 October 2018

Recently stopped by Sandrini's with a party of 8 for a work lunch. I was most impressed with the attentiveness of our server. Never had a glass more than half empty the whole meal. Per usual, bread was provided and he inquired of any additional needs. I usually visit Sandrini's for dinner, or late night drinks. Due to my experience, I think I found my new favorite lunch spot downtown. The whole table enjoyed their meal. The food does take some time to be prepped, but I'd rather have that then the contrary. Thank you for accommodating and wonderful service!

Reviewed 30 July 2018 via mobile

This is a good choice for friends who just want to hang out somewhere before, after, or instead of having dinner, enjoy a few drinks, and listen to live music. They have a large oval bar, basically divided into two rooms, one side with the stage and one side away from the stage. Table and booth seating is available. The choices for beer on tap are pretty good and the bar service is friendly and quick. The live music is often very good, with a decent range of performers. It can be quite loud.

On my most recent visit I also ate here. One of my friends and I each ordered the Shepherd’s Pie. It was okay. A second friend ordered the Sausage Bread. It was tasty but nothing to rave about. My friend’s comment was, “I remembered it being bigger and better last time.” That’s what a certain quantity of beer will do to your sense of taste.

We may return sometime, for beer and music, but not for dinner.

Reviewed 26 August 2016

Went with friends who hadn't been here before. Old-time dark basement location has its appeal. However, for my salad entree, the tomatoes were old, watery, and refrigerated. This was a definite disappointment. Patrons are very loud, as we've experienced every time we've been there. Alcohol reigns supreme, it seems.

Reviewed 22 June 2016

My son and his family had this experience which I am posting for them. I was not present that evening but my daughter in law was so upset I thought I would post this so the restaurant can take care of some internal problems.

"So we love Sandrini's and we have always had a good experience. Tonight was the opposite of a good experience. We came here tonight to celebrate my son's 21 birthday. There were 3 large parties-all with reservations. I understand having to wait when the restaurant is busy and I can be patient. But an hour to get a soda, begging for bread at the bar after an hour and a half because we were getting pretty hungry, appetizer ordered 2 and a half hours before it came to the table (after the entree), salads forgotten and served after dinner, had to go to the bar to get water pitcher to refill our glasses at the table. Then no apologies, no excuses made, no so sorry we forgot the drinks, the appetizer, the birthday shots. Just the bill. I at least expected to see some compensation-like we aren't charging you for the appetizer you didn't eat, we understand it came after your meals and the three reminders from you that it had been ordered. Feeling extremely agitated!! "

1  Thank CRM13
Reviewed 21 June 2016

I finally was able to have lunch here. The staff during the daytime is way friendlier than the bar staff at night. Very knowledgeable staff, answered every question about my choices for lunch. The tables aren't as sticky as they are at night and the air is a lot cleaner during the day. If your only experience at this place is at night for the bar or a show, please do give it try for lunch. It's a bit pricey, but the selection is great!