“Just okay”

Ranked #312 of 960 Restaurants in Bakersfield
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Bar Scene
Description: Sandrini’s Public House opened in 2005 and has since been a privately owned and operated restaurant, bar, and live music venue in the heart of downtown Bakersfield. From amazing food to the entertaining nightlife, Sandrini’s is also known to have one of the broadest whiskey and craft beer selections in Kern County. We strive to offer great food, and the continued support of the local music scene. The bar features live music every Friday and Saturday night, weekly trivia nights, Saturday and Sunday morning breakfast and brunch, Sandrini’s Public House offers the same great atmosphere and entertainment while still offering a taste of the Italian and Basque food that our family history is proudly rooted in.
Reviewed 26 August 2016

Went with friends who hadn't been here before. Old-time dark basement location has its appeal. However, for my salad entree, the tomatoes were old, watery, and refrigerated. This was a definite disappointment. Patrons are very loud, as we've experienced every time we've been there. Alcohol reigns supreme, it seems.

Reviewed 22 June 2016

My son and his family had this experience which I am posting for them. I was not present that evening but my daughter in law was so upset I thought I would post this so the restaurant can take care of some internal problems.

"So we love Sandrini's and we have always had a good experience. Tonight was the opposite of a good experience. We came here tonight to celebrate my son's 21 birthday. There were 3 large parties-all with reservations. I understand having to wait when the restaurant is busy and I can be patient. But an hour to get a soda, begging for bread at the bar after an hour and a half because we were getting pretty hungry, appetizer ordered 2 and a half hours before it came to the table (after the entree), salads forgotten and served after dinner, had to go to the bar to get water pitcher to refill our glasses at the table. Then no apologies, no excuses made, no so sorry we forgot the drinks, the appetizer, the birthday shots. Just the bill. I at least expected to see some compensation-like we aren't charging you for the appetizer you didn't eat, we understand it came after your meals and the three reminders from you that it had been ordered. Feeling extremely agitated!! "

1  Thank CRM13
Reviewed 21 June 2016

I finally was able to have lunch here. The staff during the daytime is way friendlier than the bar staff at night. Very knowledgeable staff, answered every question about my choices for lunch. The tables aren't as sticky as they are at night and the air is a lot cleaner during the day. If your only experience at this place is at night for the bar or a show, please do give it try for lunch. It's a bit pricey, but the selection is great!

Reviewed 19 May 2016

Generous portions and a varied menu with both Italian and Basque specials. Good bar and lively crowds on the weekends. Great place for lunch.

Reviewed 1 March 2016

We have been here several times on a date night and the food is consistently great. The ambiance is okay and the décor is definitely outdated. Sometimes it can be loud with people who have had a little too much to drink. The service is good. The food has never disappointed. We will keep coming back.