All reviews indoor pool security cameras front desk definitely stay here again room was spacious and clean parking lot highway carpet
Reviewed 5 July 2018

On what the management of the hotel could do, it did very well. Our reservation was in the system, the room indicator was the TV remote control (we did not ask why), the room was spacious and clean, with refrigerator and microwave. Ours did not have a coffee maker, but there is morning coffee dispensing station. And the room was fairly inexpensive.

On what management could not control was location, location, location. There is a smattering of other places to stay in the neighborhood. There is an assortment of fast food places, and the place has phone numbers for take out places. Across the street is a dead rib restaurant. Plus it is very near the highway which can be heard, and lots of trains roll through with whistles sounding including in early morning ...like 0300. Lots of empty lots and some businesses involving trucks.

In sum, very good management but not the best locale.

Room tip: We were given 101...very nice entry from parking lot and interior hallway...easy to get to coffee.
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Pete M, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Bakersfield, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2018

Thank you very much for your review. We appreciate your candidness regarding our hotel services, accommodations and location. Yes, this is a truck stop location and with that comes the regular sites: fast food restaurants and a few homeless people. Also unfortunately, there are train tracks a block away. Having said that, this neighborhood is actually very safe without any issues. We strive on making sure our hotel is safe and accommodating for our guests. We also work very hard to make sure that all of our guests are satisfied with their stay with clean rooms and excellent service. Again, I want to thank you for choosing our hotel on your recent stay and we hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed 20 June 2018

I was passing through Bakersfield when my car had a sudden mechanical issue and I could no longer continue driving. After a full day of trying to find a mechanic available asap I found a "garage" mechanic who could start the next day. I was exhausted and had never been to Bakersfield. Searching on a phone app I saw that I was near a chain hotel with a number 6 in the name. Having stayed at a few before, I headed over and checked in. It was the worst I had ever seen and quite frankly, I was afraid to stay there. I went back to the front desk and asked for a refund. About to cry from exhaustion and unexpected mechanical issues and cost involved, I saw an America's Best Value Inn nearby. I went right over and checked in. Immediately the young lady was professional and efficient and bonus she was very nice. I also paid a minimal and refundable pet deposit (which I was refunded in full as my pet and I are tidy) and went to my room. I was relieved to see that room was larger than expected, clean, had microwave and small fridge plus other amenities. As I had not expected a stopover here, I had to unload all my luggage, etc from my vehicle and it was very convenient to be able to park right at my door. I noticed security cameras were in place and lighting was good so I felt safe doing this. I also had an interior door for access to front desk, etc so that I did not have to go outside. I did see a few unsavory characters passing by however they didn't loiter and you see this everywhere anyway.
The sweet girl that checked me in even gave me laundry soap when I needed to wash my clothes that were so dirty from looking under my car to assess the problem. That was above and beyond, thank you! And so very appreciated after a disastrous day. I'll be passing through again in the future and this will def be my place to stay. I saw other reviews complaining however this is and is advertised as a budget motel. There are no frills yet you get much more here than at other budget motels. I paid only a few dollars more than my 1st stop and without question, this place is worth it. There is no breakfast but there is coffee in lobby and many restaurants nearby. It felt a little strange being watched with many cameras but when my "garage" mechanic finished up last little bit of work in their parking lot, I was thinking at least if this stranger murders me, they will call for help and know who did it, ha. I also spoke w/sweet housekeeper who was polite and kind also. I felt safe here alone and I heard no exterior noise. I recommend this place and will stay here again.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Pete M, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Bakersfield, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2018

Thank you so very much for your review. We appreciate the kind words and gestures you made for our hotel. We always strive to make all our guests welcome and to make sure their stay with us is safe and up to their satisfaction. This motel is next to a truck stop and unfortunately some people do feel unnecessarily uncomfortable. It is very safe here as you experienced. Thank you once again and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 20 June 2018

We arrived very late. I received a courtesy call of my arrival. They were very accommodating. Delicious coffee every morning. The rooms are spacious and clean. Mini fridge and microwave. Plenty of room for 2 adults and 2 teenagers and one toddler. Indoor pool was an extra. The staff was very polite and friendly. The room were sound proof. We felt that we were the only guests. We plan to stay there again.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you very much for your review. We accommodate many guests everyday and we always work very hard to make sure that our service and our rooms are up to the guests satisfaction. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to serving you when you come back. Thank you

Reviewed 25 April 2018

We were pleasantly surprised by the cleanliness of our room, location and welcoming staff. We will definitely be coming back. Close to Lake Ming, and Buck Owens Crystal Palace. A must do brunch on a Sunday!!!

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Pete M, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Bakersfield, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2018

Thank you so much for your review. We are very pleased that you were delighted with our services and accommodations. We will look forward to your return. Thank you.

Reviewed 24 January 2018

“Celia”, at the front counter was fantastic. She was professional and made me feel welcome. I was surprised my room was nice and clean. No weird smells or stains on carpet. Every thing in the room worked properly. Only bad thing was that I can hear the train pass by all night, was not able to sleep. But I was pleased with everything else!

Room tip: Rooms have balcony
Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you very much for your review. We are great full that you found our accommodations to your liking. We always strive to make all our guests stay a pleasant one. I apologize the disturbance caused by the train. Please come and visit us again. Thank you