“Great Experience”
Review of Ma'in Hot Springs

Ma'in Hot Springs
Ranked #1 of 1 things to do in Ma'in
More attraction details
Owner description: These hot springs, whose reputed medicinal benefits have lured people since the days of Rome, are now part of a full-service spa.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

We were staying for a day at the hotel at Ma’in Hot Springs (amazing property), on the way to the hotel seeing the number of people and cars on the road we didn’t even bother to try the springs at the daytime. Around midnight a hotel staff prompted me to go for it as crowds would have left. I took the 10 minutes’ walk to it and found it’s more a roman bath less a swimming pool with a long waterfall falling write into the baths. I was thrilled to find the place all to myself, I spent about fifteen minutes getting drenched in there. This made my experience amazing and one of the highlights of the trip. I do realize its possible only for the Hotel guest. Also, I did hear foreigners have to pay 15 JD fees but the few cleaning people around didn’t ask me anything, maybe it was the time or maybe because I was a hotel guest.

All reviews
"retired couple"
"human resources"
"beautiful view"

Reviewed 4 April 2018

Interesting drive down a barren valley side towards a lush valley bottom where one arrives into the well irrigated and verdant complex. There is plenty of parking and then a short walk to the water fall (singular) and the couple of small pools at its base. The rest of the valley is fenced off and appears inaccessible. The pictures here really show the entire springs site - it is about the size of a tennis court and a half so it is quickly full. We went early afternoon around Easter and with 40-50 other people there it was full but not ridiculously so. The pools are pleasant but with no place to really hang out we were done in about 45 minutes. The facilities on the path are low grade and so on the whole the experience Is not really worth the entrance fee. Most Jordanians were bringing picnics and making a day of it in the shaded verges of the path and so maybe it is worth it on that basis. We also found the biting flies there to be a minor nuisance.

1  Thank DutchBB
Reviewed 18 March 2018

Visited on a friday morning. Thought we'd beat the crowd but it was already filling up by 1030. Lots of groups of young guys and families with picnic supplies.

Changing rooms were ok, great by Jordan standards. Walk down to the waterfall and there are various covered benches you can sit on. There are a few different pools, of various depths/temperatures to soak in. The water coming down the fall is surprisingly hot!

For men, just wear some shorts, for ladies- long leggings and a shirt that covers your behind is recommended. There was some staring, but people were generally respectful. The manager saw us headed in and told us to let him know if there are any problems. I think they are trying to clean up the image of the place and worried about bad reviews/experiences for tourists. Rightfully so.

A winter visit is probably best. I can't imagine wanting to be in the water during the summer! Would not be refreshing.

Pretty crazy drive down to the waterfall. Extreme grade and lots of switchbacks. Our brakes were smoking by the time we hit the bottom. The entrance is well marked and manned. Cars were all over the place, people trying to cut line but the staff kept it decently orderly.

2  Thank valzebub
Reviewed 13 February 2018 via mobile

Actually this attraction was better than what we expected. We went quite early before it got too crowded. Changing Room facities were adequate and clean at the time we went. The springs were really wonderful with different water temperatures at each level plus the strong cascade of water falling into the 2nd pool from the bottom. It appears to get fairly crowded by late morning so getting there early is recommended. Its a short drive from the Dead Sea area and if time permits, it should not be missed.

1  Thank RoshanGV
See more reviews
Reviewed 3 December 2017 via mobile

The JOD 15 per person is a complete ripe off... the place is not maintained at all. The facilities are inexistant. We drove there thinking we could have a nice walk around the place and in the end, we found out that you cannot go anywhere. Not worth the drive...

10  Thank Charlotte Q
Haya K, personal assistant to general manager at Ma'in Hot Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2018

Dear Charlotte Q;

Allow me First to thank you for sharing your Feedback with us and choosing our resort, We in Ma'in Hot Springs are very sorry for the shortcoming that you encountered in our Resort .
we would like you to know that corrective Actions has been taking to improve our Facilities and to make sure that these notes you mentioned will not Occur again in the future.
Again, I sincerely apologize for your unsatisfactory experience. hoping to have you back in near future to provide you the service you deserve and expect from our Resort.

Best regards,