“Great Food and Friendly Service. Charming!”

The Harbour Fish Bar
Ranked #3 of 6 Restaurants in Plockton
Price range: US$5 - US$11
Cuisines: Pizza, Fast food
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Description: The Harbour Fish bar is Plocktons Fish & Chip Shop. We Specialise in the freshest fish and local produce. Seating is outside this petite takeaway. We also serve fresh coffees (cappucino,latte etc..),whipped ice cream & Pizza to go.
Reviewed 29 August 2017

This is my idea of the ideal restaurant. The folks are so friendly and welcoming you feel like you've been coming there for years the first time you set foot inside the door and the food is excellent.
They offer fish and chips, pizza, various puddings, and other delightful choices and also cater to the vegetarian life. My wife's a vegetarian and was very impressed. Gluten-free dishes are also available and the staff seemed quite knowledgeable about food allergies and were able to make informed suggestions to a couple in front of us.
If you're in Plockton, there are many fine places you can choose to eat but I highly recommend reserving one meal for the Harbour Fish Bar. You just take your fish and chips and a cup of their excellent coffee and go find an empty table down by the water - and enjoy.

Reviewed 24 August 2017

I can't fault the food. I had the haddock. There was just a short wait which is worth every minute to eat it freshly cooked. We took it to the picnic benches at the harbour with it's lovely view.

Reviewed 22 August 2017

Small wee chipper in Plockton, as soon as we got out of the car at the harbour and we smelt the chipper we couldn't not go up and sample the chips!! We had lunchtime chips from here before our boat trip and they were excellent. This takeaway only, although there are a few benches outside the door. We ate ours on the harbour wall.

Only downside was having to wait around 20 minutes for 2 portions of chips, but it was well worth the wait

Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

Visited this place after reading the reviews and also the great responses from the owner. Firstly would like to be clear that I am not into collecting badges from TripAdvisor! So, was it the best fish and chips I have ever had? No. Was it good?Yes. Fish was great, chips less so - am sure they are not frozen but not what I would say are 'Chippy' chips either so I get what others are saying. Eating in the Highlands is expensive and this represents good value for money. Great location if the weather is kind to you and you can go straight from the shop to the beach to eat them - no location better. Is the world a better place for having places like this to eat? Absolutely. Go visit.

Reviewed 18 August 2017

Best take away fish and chips I have ever had and eating them sitting outside with the views that are Plockton was just awesome!