Lowest prices for your stay
Priceline
Free cancellation until 28/05/22
Destinia.com
FindHotel
StayForLong
All reviews tuk tuk sri lanka stunning outdoor bathroom indian ocean beautiful hotel curries private beach an amazing place his team sea galle villa chef beaches mirissa honeymoon paradise
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 April 2021

I stayed at Frangipani Tree at Thalpe few weeks ago, and we found our stay pleasant. The hotel is situated right on the beach with a panoramic view of the Indian ocean. Tastefully designed eco friendly rooms with roof open bath rooms were romantic. However, since I stayed with my two daughters at the hotel, this set up was not practical for the kids. Food was great, hotel staff was friendly and very cordial. Attended to all our needs, including my daughter who fell slightly ill after a over night stay. They served superb cocktails and best wishes for the person behind such taste.

Date of stay: April 2021
Reviewed 20 April 2021

I traveled there in early April 2021 just after my sons school vacation started. We really wanted a not crowded peaceful place to unwind ourselves after a long time. I think we got what we wanted. The place was very peaceful. Just after we got in there we were treated really well by the staff headed by Mr. Buddika. They helped us in every way to make our stay an enjoyable one. I think that is the true plus point at Frangipani Tree. Thank you very much for that.

The place has around 8 to 9 rooms with a nice pool in the middle. Some rooms are facing the sea with a nice small garden in the front. Though we booked a standard room we were lucky enough to get an upgrade to one of there best rooms facing the sea. The rooms was fantastic and very spacious. The bathroom was clean and spacious too. As said, the room was facing the sea and we always had our meals at a special place adjoin to the beach. It was fantastic and quite refreshing.

The pool is not so big but very clean and well maintained. Has both shallow and a deep end and child friendly. We had most of our stay at the pool since there were not many guests during the time we visited. We were lucky in that sense to have the pool mostly for us during our stay.

The food was fantastic and Chef helped us to get our meals the way we wanted all the time. You need to try their Sea Food Platter that they offer during the dinner. It was quite fantastic. All and all the food was great.

However, the only downside was the beach. It was quite rough during the days we traveled. So could not do much over there. However there are quite a few nice beaches around including Unawatuna if you are truly a beach person.

But the best part of this hotel is its tranquility and calmness. If you are looking for such a getaway this is an ideal place for you.

My special thanks goes to Mr. Buddika for going out of the way to help our stay a memorable one. I want to thank each and every staff member but unfortunately I could not gather their names.

Thank you Frangipani Tree. We will definitely come again.

Room tip: Ask for a room facing the sea
Date of stay: April 2021
Reviewed 1 April 2021

I stayed here with my husband and my 3 month daughter. The room was very large and comfortable even with all our baby stuff - bouncer, activity gym and toys. The hotel itself is beautiful with lovely ocean views and pool area. There weren't too many people so we felt like we had the place to ourselves.
The staff was exceptional. They even arranged for my husband to surprise me with a lovely private dinner by the beach. A special shout out to Steven!! The staff truly made it a lovely stay for us.

Date of stay: March 2021
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 10 March 2021

Excellent place with a homely environment. We loved the swimming pool and the staff was exceptional when it comes to service. Special thanks to Mr.Steven for the service and the hospitality extended. Looking forward to visit again in the near future.

Date of stay: February 2021
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 23 February 2021

Super service and highly recommended for everyone. Steven, Buddhika, Sanjeewa, Thittho helped us along with all other staff. Highly recommended. Chef Dilshan's foods are amazing. Safe place even for Solo travellers. Very comfortable, calm and quite place. Perfect for beach lovers.

Date of stay: February 2021