All reviewsthe main squareroom overlooking the squaregarden restauranttown squareno liftsmall hotelthe main hotellovely little hotelveallovely squarewatching the worldlittle gemwould recommend this hotel to anyonebeautiful churchperfect positionthe room was nicethree nights
Reviewed 10 September 2017

This small hotel - situated in the very heart of Soller, right at the marketplace - has been my home for every years' hiking vacation throughout the beautiful Tramontana the past years.
Honestly: I've tried other ones, but I have always been coming back to Hotel La Vila. It is just a pleasure.

The building has been renovated a couple of years ago and is a spanish villa. The rooms are okay in size, sometimes I miss a bit of a larger table for working in the morning. But everything else is just great: Nice staff, a very good breakfast, a restaurant that you can dine in at a high standard.
AND - it is open all year long.

I love the vivid centre of Soller that does not turn into a dead body during the winter time. Lots of restaurants and bars are open all year long and the La Vila is in the very heart of this small, vivid city.

I will be back soon. 100% sure. I really love this place, all my stays were a pleasure and every time I disliked leaving...

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Marco Z
Reviewed 25 July 2017 via mobile

Perhaps the rooms at the hotel are nice but we booked "the penthouse" which turned out to be a shabby three bedroom flat across the square. There are three very steep staircases to reach the flat (suitcase nightmare). The flat itself is dirty, feet were very dirty after just 5 minutes barefoot. Every corner has dirt in it, there is a cleaning cupboard with "cleaning equipment" that should have been changed years ago. The shower curtain is yellow stained. The covers have probably never been washed. There are sofas from an earlier era which I don't even want to know how dirty they are.
Sure, one plus is location but considering the shutters need to be closed for the air con to work it's not like you can enjoy the view.
We paid 480 Euro to stay here two nights and I feel completely ripped off and sad that we spent the money when there are so many other nice places to stay. Total tourist trap. Don't even consider it.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
5  Thank elin8
Reviewed 24 July 2017 via mobile

We spent 6 nights in this hotel. It is in an excellent location right on the town square. Just a step outside the door and you are in the heart of the town. Lovely in the evening to stroll around, have a drink or watch the locals and visitors enjoying themselves.
The staff were all very friendly and helpful.
A nice breakfast was served outside the hotel in the square. There was a good choice with fresh orange juice, good coffee and my favourite ensaimadas.
The weather was very hot during our stay so we appreciated the excellent air conditioning. It was quiet and easy to operate.
Our room was on the 2nd floor at the back. A good room if you don't mind the stairs ( no lift). There was a lovely view from our bedroom window which can be unusual in a town centre.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a few days in Soller.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Carol C
lavila, Owner at Hotel La Vila, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2017

Thank you very much for your very nice words and explanations. We hope to see you again soon!! :-)

Reviewed 20 July 2017 via mobile

A lovely little hotel in the centre of Soller. Beautiful decor and really friendly staff made this a superb 2 night stay.
Our room overlooking the square was simple yet tasteful.
We had dinner in the garden, and while I know not all the reviews are glowing, we thought that the food and service was excellent. I had the veal in an incredibly delicate and delicious whisky sauce. For desert the chocolate covered pistachio ice cream with fruit was wonderfully light and a perfect finish.
Recommended!!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

We really enjoyed our 3 night stay at this charming hotel in an amazing position right in the centre of Soller.
The building is full of period detail, our room overlooked the front, we were not bothered by any noise, we loved the view of the church, bank and mountains beyond.
We dined in the garden at rear of the hotel on our first evening, very tranquil and romantic. The food was very good, we had some nice Mallorcan wine and finished with complimentary homemade cherry liqueur !
We enjoyed our breakfast in the square, watching the world go by, delicious fresh orange juice and coffee.
We were able to enjoy all the attractions of the town and port with the convenience of popping back to our room for a rest in between visits to La Prunera, the beautiful church and great shopping.
All the staff were very helpful, especially Fred, he helped us find the car park when we arrived and was on hand during most of our stay, bringing drinks, serving food and answering all our queries, thank you!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple