All reviews our honeymoon furniture suite mallorca terrace mountains
Reviewed 24 July 2018

We booked through Henrik at Rural Hotels Mallorca who was so helpful. The photos on his website didn’t really capture how beautiful Son Bleda is. We were made to feel so welcome from the moment we arrived until we left. We stayed for 5 nights in the Soller Suite which was perfect for a family of 4 with so much space and 2 bathrooms (so no arguments) and a stunning view especially of the sunrise above the mountains. The staff were amazing and owners always on hand to make sure everyone well looked after from a glass of cava with breakfast, hot chocolate for my children to fresh lily’s in the hallway with the most amazing scent. Thoroughly enjoyed the buffet breakfast each morning and after a beautiful lunch on the terrace we ended up staying at the hotel for dinner on 2 of the evenings as the food, service and view was exceptional. I would definitely recommend and can’t wait to go back.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
Hans Dieter R, Inhaber at Son Bleda, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2018

Thank you so much for these lines . . . ! They motivate us to continue on the way we are,

We hope to see you soon again on Son Bleda.
With our very best wishes,
Dieter Rahmel & Thomas vom Hofe & Team

Reviewed 22 July 2018 via mobile

Stayed at Son Bleda last week for 3 nights. Prior to arriving I got a call from a gentleman who spoke very good English asking me my arrival time, flight number etc and gave me a telephone number to call should we have any problems as we were arriving after 10pm. Thought this was a lovely first impression. We arrived at the hotel and WOW. Everything about this quaint hotel is just wonderful. It is a little traditional Mallorcan hotel with gorgeous views, beautiful grounds and really friendly staff. We were on a room only basis so can't comment on food/drinks as we ate out every day and night but the breakfast looked lovely. I simply can not fault this hotel, I just wish we had stayed longer. The location of this hotel is great, a short taxi ride into Soller or Port de Soller which has a number of cafes, restaurants shops etc. We hired a car and the hotel offers free car parking which was handy. Rooms were cleaned daily to a very high standard. One of the best hotels I've ever stayed in. If you are looking for a little rustic hotel this is the hotel for you. Thank you for a very enjoyable stay!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple

It's us to thank you, vor your visit & these motivating lines . . . ! They tell us that we are on the right way.

We look forward to welcoming you again on Son Bleda.

With our very best wishes & kind regards,
Dieter Rahmel & Thomas vom Hofe & Team

Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

I only write a review if seriously compelled. This place demands one, I honestly cannot speak highly enough about it.

The location - from the scenery to the space itself - is simply sublime. As regards the former: gorgeous mountain ranges, a view of the setting sun over the ocean, hiking trails and hilltop homes. And all of this can be seen from the wonderful and spacious dinner terrace. With respect to the latter: incredible attention to detail (wonderful pieces of art and furniture), a range of private and intimate places and nooks, a quaint little pool overlooking the sea, and a really excellent restaurant (we chose to eat there both nights rather than go into town) and very varied continental breakfast.

Lastly, the staff could not be more convivial; genuinely warm and helpful and unobtrusive. The manager, Carol, is incredibly knowledgeable about surrounding things to do and an absolute ray of sunshine with an infectious smile who goes out of her way to tender to your needs.

The price for all of this is absurdly reasonable - indeed cheap for what you get. Two nights, breakfasts, dinners, and about dozen drinks came up to roughly 500 euros.

We are travelling through Mallorca for our honeymoon and every place since pales in comparison. Trust me.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Hans Dieter R, Inhaber at Son Bleda, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2017

Dear Paul, your comment makes us speakless. Thank you so much. Really looking forward to welcome you again. Best wishes from the Island

Reviewed 30 July 2017

We booked a table for our 2 year wedding anniversary. The restaurant and the hotel location were breathtaking ...And the food, oh my was really really good :) We had awesome time and something to remember. Would definitely come back!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 September 2016

Son Bleda is a beautiful former Monastery in an absolutely gorgeous setting, with an outstanding view of the valley below and mountains. They offer the best home baked cakes and deserts, but the other food offerings are quite dull. Sadly the menu has no local cuisine to offer, perhaps because the owners are German. Sadly at breakfast they offered processed orange juice which seems a crime in a country filled with oranges trees growing all about (even on the Son Bleda property).

The room I stayed in was odd as it had no windows that could open, so I had to sleep with the glass door open for fresh air. Again the view is astounding, but the noise from the road reminds you that you are not in a secluded paradise.

There are wonderful trails that you can wander off in in several directions to get out into nature. The pool was quite lovely, but unheated so I was unable to enjoy it in early May.

I went on several day walks and adventures to near by villages.

The grounds are lovely as was the staff.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo
Hans Dieter R, Inhaber at Son Bleda, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2016

Hello, Thank you very much for your review, please call us next time to find the rigth room for your perfect stay. Oranges are winter fruits - from November to May. We dont serve chemically treated oranges. The restaurant serves 6 typical mallorquin dishes and 15 mediterran dishes !
The room has no window to open because AC, but we got many other rooms with windows.
Hope to see you again! Best wishes from beautifull Mallorca island Dieter