All reviews hi express front desk residential area stay there again spent one night here morning breakfast above average slept like a baby comfortable beds easy access staff was friendly yogurt the hotel is clean indoor pool night's sleep scrambled eggs complimentary breakfast
Reviewed 13 October 2016 via mobile

We prefer to stay at Holiday Inn Express when we travel. This time was no different. I booked our room online with my Visa debit card like I always do. The morning we were to arrive they hit my account for the balance we owed. Also not unusual. We didn't arrive until later that night and my husband went inside to check in and get our room keys. The young man behind the counter ran my husbands debit card again which is now trying to deduct the room balance a second time. It's been almost a week and I'm still waiting for that money to be released back Into our account. This whole experience has just been incredibly annoying. Next time we travel we will probably book with someone else.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
VBNES, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Van Buren-Ft Smith Area, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2016

Ms. Mary,

I understand that it is frustrating to have the money held up from your account. As much as it seems that hotel was holding up money, I assure you that hotel do have very minimum control to this situation. Personally, I have been into this situation a couple of times and fought with a manager as well before I took this position. It's actually not any hotel, money is being held by the debit card issuing company- in most case the bank. Hotel system can hold only one card at a time for active charges. The moment a different card is swiped, the previous authorization is being sent back for release from hotel. From then it is up to the bank. Most banks takes atleast 2 to 3 days to process the reversal. I assure you hotel has no control to this situation yet, most people are not aware until they read the debit card policy described by the bank upon opening debit card account.

I do realize that regardless to who, you faced the problem and I am very sorry about it.

Jaimin Patel

Reviewed 8 October 2016 via mobile

Great room, everything was stocked, breakfast was good, especially the cinnamon rolls. The staff was very helpful and they recommended a great place for us to go for dinner. The pool was nice, but there was no jacuzzi. The gym was nice to visit after sitting in the car all day. No complaints here. Everything was perfect!

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
VBNES, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Van Buren-Ft Smith Area, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2016

Dear hrhvictoria,

Jaimin Patel

Reviewed 1 October 2016

this is our "go to" stop when we are traveling southbound from Wichita. Location is just far enough off the interstate to be quiet, there are restaurants and gas stations near by. The rooms are clean, comfortable and convenient. A great stay

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
VBNES, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Van Buren-Ft Smith Area, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2016

Dear Sherry,

Reviewed 21 September 2016

The room was very comfortable and there was very little noise that we could hear. The staff was very courteous and helpful. The room, Rm 217, was very clean. We would definitely stay here again. Good breakfast.

Room Tip: Any room is a good room.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
VBNES, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Van Buren-Ft Smith Area, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2016

Dear Bob,

Reviewed 18 September 2016 via mobile

Great stay, allowed us to check in early, to make the Razorback Football Game. Rooms are very clean. Staff is friendly. Owners happened to be there and they were also very welcoming. Great will certainly stay here again.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
VBNES, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Van Buren-Ft Smith Area, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2016

Dear Jon100580,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. We appreciate you allowed my staff to be at your service and I am very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. A positive guest experience is something our staff takes great pride in, so we value your feedback. We hope you will visit us again.