1,227 results
All reviews alamo restaurant moorings restaurant river view promenade bar lovely hotel leisure centre hotel owner pancake machine bar food bridal suite bottled water lovely walk swimming pool wedding guests family break leisure club wedding reception
Reviewed 1 July 2015 via mobile

Stayed at the riverside recently for 2 nights in a family room. Firstly it is well situated, with river views from front rooms , restaurant & bar. Staff were friendly & helpful. The hotel room was a little outdated I thought, but very satisfactory. The swimming pool was great for kid's, but I can imagine it be it very busy during school holidays. We dined in the hotel bar both nights, trying a variety of meals between the 4 of us. All good bar the chicken curry. A bit dry for my liking. There is a playground beside the hotel car park. Both mornings found a several teenage school children hanging around smoking & litter everywhere. An awful shame, as its a great amenity. Overall a great stay, & I would certainly stay again as it was good value for money

Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank fergo
Marketing007, General Manager at The Riverside Park Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2015

Dear Fergo,

Thank you for staying with us on your recent stay in Enniscorthy, Co. Wexford. It is encouraging to hear that the service you received from our staff was excellent. They work hard to ensure that each guest has a memorable experience and I will be sure to share your kind comments with them. I was delighted to read your kids enjoyed the pool and playground.

I look forward to having the pleasure in welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 28 June 2015

We were on a group holiday, based at this hotel and were impressed with the location. The first floor room could have been better--there is a lack of storage space, so I had to keep most of my clothes in my suitcase! There was a stain on the carpet and the headboards were flaking. It is clear some updating is needed. The 'view' was just the roof of the function room. We discovered that some of the newer rooms have air-conditioning, but ours didn't.The bathroom was nice with both a bath and a shower. The big problem was that the water was NEVER hot. On Thursday I tried to have a bath at 3pm, only to find the water was stone cold! Obviously the water is only heated for a short while in the morning and the evening. Even having a bath when the water heating was on, only resulted in lukewarm water. The food was good, but the choice was limited (probably because we were part of a coach party). I don't like sausages or egg, so was surprised to have a cooked breakfast put in front of me on the first morning, as was everyone else! This seems to be a waste and it would be better to ask people what they would like. The cold buffet was good.
The hotel is very popular for weddings and functions, but even though we were not there on either a Friday or a Saturday, there were noisy functions on both Wednesday and Thursday which carried on very late. We liked the pool and the leisure centre very much (all swimmers, male or female, must wear a swimming hat). The steam room and sauna are very smart.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the top floor, so that you are further away from the noise of the function room
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
4  Thank NZSpursFan
Reviewed 25 June 2015

Lovely hotel, in a beautiful tranquil setting. Very clean, comfortable and quiet. Good food and service. Very helpful and friendly staff. Weather forecast and activities card on breakfast table. Owner visit each guest to make sure all was well .Both of these nice little touches. Would highly recommend.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Angela L

Dear Angela,

Thank you for choosing The Riverside Park Hotel & Leisure Club for your recent trip to Co. Wexford. We are delighted you had a positive experience of our staff and the facilities we have on offer. I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Kind Regards,

Reviewed 25 June 2015

We stayed here for a weekend whilst visiting the area. We arrived quite late but were well looked after by reception on arrival. Having two children can sometimes be an issue with certain hotels but not here! The room was lovely and clean and was ideal for families. The food was great and we would come again.

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank robins201

Dear Robin,

Thank you for your kind review on trip advisor regarding you recent stay with us at The Riverside Park Hotel & Leisure Club. I am delighted with your comments about the staff and service and will be passing them on to the team here who will be as pleased as I am, I'm sure. The Riverside Park Hotel is a very family friendly hotel and enjoyed looking after you and your two children. I look forward to welcoming you back in the future and if you have any queries please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed 23 June 2015 via mobile

Hotel is nice ,great location and right on river if your lucky enough to get a room with a view . Rooms are clean and functional , wifi is not great and very hit and miss . Staff are very good , I stay here often on business simply because it's the closest place to where I need to be , the food is only average , worst thing is the staff behind the bar blast music and tear all menus off
Tables before food is meant to be finished , I counted 8 of them
Messing about behind bar one evening , it's a nice place , just I wud say waiting and bar staff need proper supervision. Never seen a manager in the 4 times I've stayed this year yet, so all in all its ok , but cud be so much better ...

Stayed: June 2015
3  Thank prideof83
Marketing007, General Manager at The Riverside Park Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2015

Dear Pride,

I would like to thank you for your glowing reply on Tripadvisor. It’s always great to receive feedback from our guests and I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us.
I look forward to inviting you back in the future and if there is anything I can do to assist you in any way Please do not hesitate to contact me.