Review Highlights
Summer Teen Camp

Excellent-all around riding/summer experience. The horses are extremely well cared for and the... read more

Reviewed 14 October 2018
Chicagocats
North Chicago, Illinois
via mobile
This has been on my "Bucket List"!

I was on a yoga & riding fitness retreat at Crossogue Equestrian Estate in September 2018 and it... read more

Reviewed 18 September 2018
Carol M

All reviews cross country at home scones horse riding welcoming hosts great care cooked meals few days top class his team from start to finish an absolute blast fantastic job preserves fitness retreat irish countryside riding ability
Reviewed 24 May 2018

My first time riding cross country was everything I could have hoped for! Crossogue provided top notch coaching and excellent horses. Considering I had never jumped outside an arena before, I felt perfectly safe and in good hands. The property itself is awe inspiring and everything you would imaging Ireland would be. Lush grounds, lovely manor house and friendly people.

Each day starts off with a fresh cooked meal by Jen followed by an instructional lesson. Afterwards we lunch, rest and ride again. Nights are spent around the cozy dining table chatting about the day then off to bed and repeat. It was an absolute blast and confidence boost as I truly felt I was learning from the best. Going in to my first day I would have never thought I could jump up and down banks and through water but low and behold I did it! Woohoo! Such a rush. Thank you Mark, Jen, Noel and the team at Crossogue. I will never forget the time I spent with you all.

Date of experience: May 2018
1  Thank CityGirlEQ
Reviewed 15 May 2018

I have travelled widely and sought unique horse experiences all over the globe but I can unequivocally state that the Crossogue experience is in a league of its own.

From the moment I arrived in Tipperary from Dublin, I was immediately welcomed into Mark's family and the Crossogue experience; introduced to his mother who makes innumerable jams, marmalades and preserves (all of which should definitely be sampled on the morning scones), toured the verdant pastures, and was showed to my spacious room. A quick shower (flew in on the red-eye from the states) and off to meet Noel, Crossogue's superb trainer, and my mount! After an evaluation in the arena we headed out on the cross-country. An incredible experience for someone with plenty of arena-jumping but little to no xc - walking around the property, Noel will explain the jumps and then, you do it! Besides having an incomparably unique and fun experience, I can honestly say that my riding improved (over the course of less than a week there and returning to my usual riding).

And that's just the experience while mounted! The first night of my stay, the last of Mark's broodmares was foaling and I was fortunate enough to not only observe, but lend a hand, at the end. And lest I forget about the food - terrific home-cooked meals every day. I mentioned a love for salmon and the first lunch upon my arrival was exactly that...I could go on indefinitely, but will end with this: I have never once repeated a travel experience but am already considering a return to Crossogue next year.

Date of experience: May 2018
1  Thank EC_equestrian
Reviewed 18 April 2018

Spent the weekend in this beautiful part of Tipperary in Ireland when even the weather behaved! Mark,Jen and the team couldn't have been more welcoming. One of the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in and delicious food prepared by Jen. And all of this before I clamoured on top of a horse. It isn't cheap but you get a stunning location, wholesome food and most importantly for an equine weekend a horse that is really matched to you and your standard of horsemanship so you can feel confident riding out. I am definitely heading back to Crossogue. Oh and did I mention the best selection of jams on any breakfast table courtesy of Marks Mum!!!

Date of experience: April 2018
1  Thank kingdomDublin
Reviewed 6 November 2017

Mark Molloy and the team at Crossogue have created a genius idea.. Ever fancied riding in Ireland, try your hand at eventing in Ireland or just want to stay and play for a few days? They have created an amazing week, jam packed full of training, tutorials and instruction with entry into their eventing competition covering 24 fences across the estate at the end of your stay. The horses are chosen for you and your ability, outstanding, elite instruction for all age groups, training you over each obstacle, technical detail explained step by step. The gorgeous house feels like home from home and the accommodation is 5* with fantastic home cooked foods and cosy evenings. If you like to ride, want to learn to ride..., GO! Push yourself, your ability and your mind. it is the perfect end to your riding year.

Date of experience: November 2017
2  Thank suec0n30
Reviewed 6 October 2017

Mark Malloy and his team have most definitely achieved their goal of providing their guests with a "complete" experience. From the moment we arrived we were made to feel part of the family. Breakfast, lunch and dinner were complete, healthy, abundant and delicious meals. Even if we hadn't had our own car, the team would have been more than willing to take us to the nearest town or to local events to get a feel of the land. Our riding experience was equally successful with professional staff able to understand our personal needs from day one. They focused on your safety first and then on building up your experience of cross country jumping. The horses were healthy and well-kept.

Date of experience: August 2017