All reviews double bed toilet paper shower sea balconies
Reviewed 27 November 2011

We stayed for 4 nights. The rooms are comfortable with great views of the sea from the balcony. Breakfast is tasty and plentiful.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the middle of the hotel (e.g. 204/205) rather than at the end (e.g. 210) as the view is infinitely better.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank RedExile56
Reviewed 11 September 2011

When we arrived and asked for a double room for 2 nights the owner said the only room available was a three bed room with a big balcony, which was, of course, more expensive than a double room. Shortly after we had checked in he received a booking through "booking.com" for our room for the following night. He then informed us that we could not stay two nights in this room, however, he had a double room available, which we could move into immediately (?!) or the following morning after breakfast. We decided to stay in the bigger room for one night and move into the vacant room the following morning. After breakfast when we wanted to change rooms he had rented out this last double room and said he had an apartment available at the same price as the triple room we had stayed in.
The rooms were clean, but the bathroom in the triple room smelled of sewage. The breakfast was not great (very sweet artificial orange "juice", weak coffee, dry bread). The location of the hotel, though, is great, just outside Plakias, with a good view, but the beach in front of the hotel is dirty. When we finally paid our bill the hotel owner first refused to give us a valid receipt (with his tax number on it, which we need since we pay tax in Greece). All in all not a very relaxing stay, and definitely not a hotel we would recommend!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
9  Thank KarenLAthens
Reviewed 26 August 2011

Decent hotel, nice hotel atmosphere, nice breakfast, excellent sea view, the only real negative points is that they should clean up the room more carefully and that the hotel staff should be a little bit more friendly. I would definitely stay again in this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank Vangelis31
Reviewed 23 July 2011

If you stay at this hotel, make sure you ask for a room on the top level. My husband and I had one of these rooms and the view was spectacular. In terms of the room, it was pretty large with a good size balcony. However, the floor seemed a little dirty. The shower was pretty small and the towels were ROUGH. I can't believe that I'm complaining about towels but they seriously scratch your skin.

Breakfast in the garden is lovely and substantial-eggs, watermelon, cereal, yogurt, pastries, etc. The people at the front desk are very nice and helpful but just know that they don't have anyone to help you with your luggage.

You can walk to the center of town in 5 minutes. If you like fish, you MUST go to Christos Taverna and taste their smoked fish-it's amazing. It is fresh fish prepared in such a way that actually allows you to taste the smoke. It is absolutely delicious and I have been craving it ever since I had it. Unfortunately, I didn’t find it anywhere else.

Overall, this is a good little hotel; improved cleanliness would make it better.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank kfabbri
Reviewed 22 June 2011

Having been to Plakias before, I went there without booking a hotel. I checked out a few, walked up to Horizon Beach, checked the available room, really liked it and stayed. The room is in the annex and is in fact a studio with a big balcony with great views. It all looked very new. You have to walk stairs to get up there. The shower looks impressive but it works like a normal shower, no extra water comes out but it was fine with me. Very nice bathroom, good kitchenette. Television is a flat screen with BBC World and a German channel (and Greek channels). It's a family run business and the owners are very friendly. I have not seen the hotel rooms. I would certainly recommend this place!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled solo