All reviewssister hotelplentiful foodspa facilitiesevery mealminute walktrain stationhalf boardcentre of townpacked lunchwifipoolsgschwandtkopfskiaustrialoungecoursesslopes
Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

Booked it immediately when I saw "adults only". With less than 10min walk away from the town centre, it's very quiet yet super close to the train station. Main attractions all within walking distance. Decor was very cozy and Christmassy. Room was clean and comfortable. Staff was attentive and pleasant. Indoor pool and sauna were closed but you could use those in their sister hotel just 2min walk away. They charged us €11.2 for city tax (2 persons), which was quite a lot compared to other hotels we stayed in Austria. Not sure if other hotels in seefeld charge the same amount.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

We stayed in July for two weeks. The weather was variable but we were only stopped from fulfilling our plans on the very last day. The house was value for money, given that we used the facilities and had meals at the Schonruh. This was an excellent hotel and I gave 5 stars in another review.
The Stefanie gave us a great welcome and for us the rooms were fine. Charming and very clean with an upgrade for one room.
We had breakfast at the Stefanie. The food was okay except for the hot food which I later avoided as it looked unappetising. We were in a small room which was noisy and the bench seats were arranged in such a manner that if one member of our party wanted to go to the buffet then the other person had to get up to let them out and get up again to let them back in . Perhaps this wouldn't have seemed such an issue except for our last day. We came to breakfast 5 minutes early. The food was there,uncovered,so we took cereal,switched the light on in our section and sat down. Another couple were also there but in a lighter room. However a lady who had been grumpy all week, came bustling in, mumbled something in German and switched the light off again plunging us in to darkness again! Then,two minutes later,as Natascha,who seemed to be the manager came down the corridor,she switched it back on!
Whilst Natascha had been pleasant all the while, we had learnt not to ask the other lady questions,as everything we wanted to know was met with a heavy sigh. I found this all very unprofessional as it was our first holiday in Austria and wrote a letter of complaint when we got home. It took another letter to get them to reply and they were apologetic but full of excuses saying their English was not good. However I did not expect them to speak perfect English, I just expected some courtesy not brusqueness and grumpiness!
Seefeld was lovely,we went to some gorgeous places,the Schonruh was fabulous but the Stefanie was spoilt by one persons attitude

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 June 2017 via mobile

Nice stay at this hotel, friendly staff and good selection at breakfast. Dinner was at their sister hotel just across the street. Food was very good apart from one night when the Pork served was inedible. In fairness to them an alternative was on offer but declined. Only other negative was the oppressive heat in the Dining Room which resulted in us eating out some nights.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 March 2017

Haus Stefani is one of hotels owned by the Kaltschmid family. We have stayed here four times for a winter break in March. It is, as described, extremely cosy with polite and helpfull staff. Excellent buffet breakfast with hot and cold food. Seefeld village and train station is only a 5 minute walk. Ski bus to both regions, Roshutte and Gschwandtkopf only 3 minutes. We use this hotel for bed & breakfast as we like to visit restaurants in Seefeld and is excellent for our needs. WiFi is a bit poor, though this is no big deal as in the centre of Seefeld, free WiFi is available. Very warm traditional cosy rooms. Look forward to returning in the future.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back have balconies. Be aware no lift to first & second floors.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 March 2017

Travelling solo I needed a single room for one night before meeting up with others at a different hotel (which was fully booked on the night in question). The single room at Stefanie was clean but 'compact' and rather dark (even with lights switched on) though bed perfectly comfortable. Breakfast spread was very good and typically Austrian. Reception a wee bit brusque but that could easily be down to my lack of German and they were kind enough to look after my luggage on the day I was leaving, so I could go and ski before moving on. The room rate I got was pretty good, so overall stay was good value for money, but I would try look elsewhere first before returning as a solo traveler. Location is slightly out of town by golf course but Seefeld isn't a big place so nowhere is really very far from anywhere else.

WiFi in room was very patchy - worked near the door but not really elsewhere in the room.

Room Tip: Given shape of building then single rooms may tend to be on the small side - but this is based on a sample of one so interpret with care!
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo