We recently moved from London to India and have found living & Holidaying as expensive as anywhere in the world. But Madhya Pradesh still retains its charm and great value for money.
On our tour this hotel turned out to be the highlight,
The manager Mr Sood showed us around and explained how the family took care of all details while buidling the hotel. The manager also turned out to be a great nature lover - a common interest for us. The hotel has a lovely dining hall with simple but tasty Indian and barbeque, continental is just above average.
The hotel has its software right with great staff, but the hardware is missing in many places - no tvs and internet.
The staff had genuine rural Indian smiles and attention - we loved the change from the city.
Orchha monuments are stunning specially the light & sound show at night.
The temple can be a bit crowded specially during Aarti in the evening.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Bundelkhand Riverside is built on 50 acres of land on the banks of the River Betwa in Orchha and the old house, which still exists, was used as a hunting lodge cum guest house. The present retreat is an addition to the old construction that dates back to 1895. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Bundelkhand Riverside reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bundelkhand Riverside Orchha
- Bundelkhand Riverside Hotel Orchha