“A surprising restaurant in a Retail Park”

1920 PORTUGUESE RESTAURANT
Ranked #1 of 152 Restaurants in Randburg
Cuisines: Portuguese
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Restaurant Is On Main Rd In Randburg Just Near The Magistrates Courts And Opposite The School. Cnr Of Main Rd And Oxford Rd
Reviewed 1 April 2018

A classic Portuguese restaurant of a very high standard, serving classic fare.
We were a party of 6 and were warmly welcomed by the friendly staff.
Six different main dishes were chosen and each one of us suggested that we had made the best choice, although prawns and fish dishes got the highest praise. The service was good and helpful, the food ingredients were of a high standard, well cooked and presented, warm, comfy interior (sometimes a little noisy) and good friends ....A lovely evening. Recommended.

1  Thank MyPet123

Reviewed 29 March 2018

It was my first visit to this Portuguese restaurant and I was pleasantly surprised. We had Mozambican prawns and Kingklip on the advise of the owner. He said it was fresh and it really was. Always speak to the owner before placing your order. Will make a big difference.

Reviewed 1 March 2018

Have eaten here on previous visits to SA and always enjoyed the food,Tuesday specials make for fantastic value,My husband and my brother-in -law always enjoy the prawns but I like to try something different every time.On this occasion I had the beef stew and it was absolutely delicious.I just wish wehad a restaurant like this close to wear we live in the UK

Reviewed 21 February 2018

We have been at Mannie's since he opened, food always very good, prices have gone up, but always walk out feeling your money was well spent.

Reviewed 4 February 2018

We arrived for an impromptu dinner and started with milho frito – golden squares of deep fried corn /maize “pap”. Thereafter I enjoyed the feijoada – a bean, beef, pork and chouriҫo stew. It was tasty, flavoursome and delicious. My husband loved his moist chicken & crispy chips. We ended the evening appropriately with 1920 brandy and coffees.
Ideal for a special dinner.