All reviewshot waterwadi rumsimple hotelgreat base for exploringfalafelpublic buspacked lunchmin walkrooms are basicdrinking teasingle roomjett busa wonderful stayrooftop terracetaxi rideafter a long daybreakfast and dinner
Reviewed 26 June 2017 via mobile

This hotel was a good choice for the price and location. The owner was very nice and helpful! The breakfast was decent and it had everything we needed. It is not very fancy but definitely worth the price. Petra is about 20 min walk from it. There are a few good restaurants close as well.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Phoeberosecarter
Reviewed 23 June 2017

I loved everything about this hotel - hospitable, friendly, honest, clean. Great breakfast and nice conversation, the views from the rooftop terrace are stunning, can't beat the price. I had a really bad experience with a local Bedoin guy in Petra, but when I came back to Petra Gate hotel they made me feel comfortable and like family. I cannot recommend this place enough. NOTE: Even if the websites say this place is fully booked, it is not. There is a problem with the website. They always have availability. Please just arrive and they will have room. #1 place to stay in Petra.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 June 2017

The location is super amazing, for backpackers or solo travelers, i saw 2 working out there, one older and the other one younger, the older man was such a nice guy and soo help ful, it is near to all the services and main shops, and even near to the old or main petra.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank hussainhajji
Reviewed 10 May 2017 via mobile

Nasser at the Petra Gate Hotel was recommended to me by several Canadian friends who had travelled to Petra via Israel. I emailed Nasser with a list of things that I, my husband and another couple wanted to do while in Jordan. He emailed me back within minutes with a very reasonable quote. Nasser literally took care of EVERYTHING for our trip. We payed him a flat rate and absolutely everything was done for us- all transportation, meals, accommodation and excursions. The experience and the price seemed too good to be true- the entire time we were waiting for some kind of hitch or unexpected fee. But Nasser ensured that everything was absolutely perfect. There were even several occasions within our 4 day stay in Jordan that we unexpectedly received things for free! When does that EVER happen?!?
We had several friends travel to Jordan after us, using various tour companies. Although their trips looked great, we were able to do so much more over 4 days, and paid less than everyone else did for 1 or 2 days. And, I have to say, Nasser is like a kind father. He was constantly making sure that we were happy. On our last day, we snorkelled in Aqaba. On our way back to the Israel border, Nasser phoned our driver and asked to speak with us. He wanted to make sure that everything went well and that we were happy and safe! Unbelievable customer service.
The hotel itself is basic. The bed was had enough blankets and was clean, and the shower had ample hot water (a rarity in the Middle East). But the rooftop is fantastic. We loved sitting up there at the end of the night, drinking tea and enjoying their amazing home cooked dinners.
If you are looking for an amazing, stress free experience in Jordan talk to Nasser at The Petra Gate. He will take all the hassle out of planning. You will not be disappointed.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Companion279050
Reviewed 1 May 2017 via mobile

Perfect for backpackers. Nasr, the owner, is very kindly and he gives good advice about everything you want to know. Cheap and perfect service. We enjoyed the chill place on the roof! Only 15 minutes by feet from the gate to Petra.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends