All reviews hot water wadi rum simple hotel great base for exploring falafel public bus packed lunch min walk rooms are basic drinking tea single room jett bus a wonderful stay rooftop terrace taxi ride after a long day breakfast and dinner
Reviewed 1 January 2017

Dont expect woinders here. You are paying a fringe amount so yes the rooms are small but id like to add, the rooms are cosy. Was in Petra just last week. The beds have 3 blankets each, hot water in the washroom.
The owner is very helpful and friendly. Provided all information on how to proceed to Petra and what time to leave etc..
Special reference to Kimo, the Egyptian staff who was manning the hotel, Thank you Kimo!. Kimo helped with the towels, the hot water, the charger, the breakfast...call him the handy man..

Room Tip: Tired of walking and want to have a good sleep, head to Petra Gate
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 December 2016 via mobile

Super nice, helpful and friendly staff! If you like it simple and dont need a extra dance hotel, this is the best hotel you can get! :) Aswell one of the cheapest prices around. I would Book again anytime.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 December 2016

I have visited the Petra Gate Hostel in the beginning of this month (dec, 2016). I came in one night earlier then what I had planned in my reservation. This was absolutely no problem for the staff, I felt very welcome. The receptionist Kemo was very sweet and nothing was too much too ask. Kemo noticed that we we're cold (since the weather was cold) and put a heater in our room so we could warm up. Also he informed us about good restaurants and about the safety in the city (which is just fine). The bathroom was small and the water of the shower wasn't always warm. The kind staff (Kemo) made up for all that. I enjoyed my stay very much and I would come back here.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 November 2016

I was really happy with my stay at Petra Gate Hostel and Hotel. The owner is a nice guy who is really helpful and will go out of his way for you. I would recommend this place. Thank You for making my stay in Petra so great!

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 November 2016

On my way to Petra I met another traveler staying at this place on the tourist bus. When we arrived, he moved us from the dorm to a room with two single beds for the same price, which was much appreciated. The room was very simple and the Wi-Fi did reach up to the second floor, albeit not very well. I showered twice at night and there was always hot water.

The place is a 10-15 minute walk down to the entrance to Petra. It is a pleasant walk but you might want to grab a cab back up the hill at the end of the day or when you arrive with luggage. We paid 2 JD to get a cab from the tourist bus station to the hotel.

The owner is helpful and knowledgeable. I asked him how to get from Petra to Wadi Rum and he organized for the tourist mini-bus to pick me up at the front door the next morning. Overall, this place is good value for your money, especially since you should be spending most of your time at Petra rather than at the hotel anyway.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo