All reviews poor maintenance main entrance of petra walking distance two nights visit petra air conditioner a bit tired minute walk magnificent view basic hotel lost city breakfast and dinner hotel owner restaurants and shops perfect location the room was nice nice breakfast
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

My husband and I typically pick budget priced hotels with good ratings but this was a miss for us. The hotel appears to have formally been quite grand but is currently dark and depressing. Our room, judging from the piecing together of the carpet and furniture, was maybe part of a bigger space at one time. The bathroom was tiny and it was impossible not to get water on the floor from the faucet, since it was a good foot above the sink, and the shower that had a flimsy plastic cover that didn't completely keep the water in. The Minaret was right outside our window and call to prayer began before dawn each day. Everything about the place was dark and cramped. It is within walking distance to Petra but since it is still pretty far and uphill, next time I would probably opt for a hotel with a shuttle . There was a wonderful convenience store next door to pick up things and we had a working frig in the room. They do have amazing room service. We got a delicious tuna sandwich with really good fries delivered to our door for 2.5 dinars. The bed was comfortable and the staff were friendly and welcoming.

Room Tip: Try to avoid side with Minaret
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JoAnne M
Reviewed 25 September 2018 via mobile

This hotel is not in my opinion a 3 star hotel the bath had chips in it the lock on the room didn’t work very well one day went back to find room unlock after cleaning.
The room furniture was old damaged and electrics were poor and fridge wasn’t plugged in and smelt when opened. I could go on. The food was ok but it you don’t get there early there is no bread and when I asked for more was told no.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank chrismakings
Reviewed 24 September 2018

We stayed in the suite in Candles Hotel for one week and it was very relaxing and comfortable.
As previously stated it is slightly dated but it was also very clean, friendly and had a fantastic view over Wadi Musa and down towards Petra.
We were on a dinner, bed and breakfast tariff which was very reasonable and the food was delicious and nicely presented.
The staff are lovely, very attentive and helpful, nothing was too much trouble for them and the cat was adorable!
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would certainly use again if we were back in this part of Jordan.

Room Tip: Suite has a very comfortable sitting area with sofa, coffee table and arm chairs in addition to the bedroom.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 September 2018 via mobile

A hotel only 300mtr from Petra main entrance. Up a very steep hill- not something you look forward to after trekking through Petra all day ha!
The hotel is ‘tired’, it is in need of a lots of maintenance and could do with a good clean.It’s a bit like the old British comedy show fawlty towers in that it’s trying hard to be good but fails.
The young Indian guy that works there was very helpful and attentive if you needed anything. The owner should probably sell his new BMW car out front and invest the money in the hotel.
On a positive note- the bed was clean, we slept and went out in the day. Breakfast was nice. ( local cheeses, eggs, breads), it was reasonably priced, close to tourist street with restaurants and mini markets for any extra things you may need & the reason we all go- it’s close to the Petra front gate!!!
I’m now in Amman staying at a proper 3starhotel and there is no comparison!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank m0sue
Reviewed 13 September 2018

My tour group booked this property and it almost ruined my whole trip. One of the people in group didnt even have a working toilet in room... they were given a bucket to force toilet to flush. My room was moved once because when I checked in, there was a gift left in the toilet in the 1st room. The door locks are flimsy and the rooms are dirty - dirty carpet, dust on headboards and curtains, etc. The prayer call/temple is next door and woke me up at 430am each day. The property is near the Petra entrance and restaurants.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo