All reviews bowling alley swimming pool mezzanine floor skiing holiday spaghetti gondola station lovely hotel steam room ski school half board transfer bus mini bar main gondola ate out every night evening food just returned from a week sofa bed
Reviewed 2 July 2018 via mobile

2nd visit to this hotel for a skiing trip, great rooms, gym and fitness suite. Not far from the slopes.

Food is adequate but not the best my son and ate out at least 3 times in a seven night stay.

Near local bars and restaurants for nighttime activities, although the bar is good, barmen are friendly and good service once you start to talk to them.

We love the location and the rooms so for its little inadequacies with the food we are prepared to compromise.

We will be going back again.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 April 2018

very nice and clean hotel. Tasty food. I have stayed at this hotel twice and I have notice improvement to the spa section , and sauna . Brilliant location - very easy access to lifts,shops and bars , restaurants around.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 April 2018

Good hotel, with a great pool for families.
Bowling Alley is a bonus, plenty of lounge space.
Food was reasonable, not amazing but always plenty of options and pretty tasty. lots of Bulgarian versions of British favourites.
Hoel was generally warm, rooms were ridiculously hot at times, particularly the mezzanine level of the family rooms.
Family room sofa bed wasn't the comfiest but to be expected for a sofa bed.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Stayed here Beginning of April for a week, on arrival after a long 3 hour coach ride check in was fast, although been took the longest way to our room by a Porter that we told him it was fine but refused to listen then stood there asking for tip.. finally we got to our room it was fine and clean with a balcony (no seating) and when we woke had a lovely view of garden.
Getting to bed we found the bed was extremely hard almost like sleeping on the floor but after a long day skiing you are that exhausted you don’t even realise how hard it is and if you do, well your not skiing hard enough lol!

Breakfast was average nothing special but definitely had worst! It was edible to fill you up for the day with a selection of different things (which doesn’t change all week) hot and cold and fruit too!
We never ate evening meals as we found between 2 of us it was extremely cheap to eat out which was nice food, although I didn’t hear any good reviews on hotel evening meals unfortunately.

The hotel lobby was clean and bar had cheap beer, the only thing I can complain is they had dreadful dance music playing more aless alday but got louder on a night where there was no chance of reading a book in peace.. to venture past reception up the stairs to my delight found another lobby full of sofas and peace and quiet I sat down to tuck into my book to then a member of staff coming over to me shouting in not English for me to move and it was closed I presumed and wasn’t very friendly about it. I genuinely don’t see the harm in sitting in a large empty seating area reading a book when the other lobby is extremely loud so I found this very irritating and back to my room I had to go since that was the only other place to relax in peace. Very disappointing!

A few times I did visit the sauna/steam which is very pleasant and seemed clean. The pool was small and majority of the time children was in there. To go to the spa the hotel do provide robes and slippers in your room which makes the whole process easy.

Location was okay a quick bus or 5/10min walk to the gondolas. Around was plenty of food places and shops.

I wouldn’t stay here again only for the fact I felt like I couldn’t relax in peace on a evening without sitting in my room and by the end of the week I was sick of looking at the room.. keeping both lobby’s open would of be perfect and I would of recommend as everything was fine minus the hard beds.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

PLEASE READ THIS WHOLE REVIEW. I wish I had read the reviews properly before booking this 2star hotel. We (13 of us) visited strazhite last week of March 2018. We travelled with Balkan travel. Flight was moved from East Midlands to Manchester, bit inconvenient , but not the end of the world. Transfer arrived at the hotel, rep hadn’t given us any info or the usual lift passes, vouchers etc. Outside of hotel is elegant, nice reception area with log fire and bar.
Reception handed us a carrier bag with cold chicken and potatoes, room keycards and pointed to a lift. Naturally for room 385 you go to the 3rd floor. 30 mins later we find our room on the other side of the hotel and on the second floor.
Breakfast was from 7.30am, food selection was poor (pasta, stale bread, no pastry or proper ham or cheese) ,quality was poor and all was cold ,coffee machine broken.

Queue in ski shop was 2 hours, because rep hadn’t given us vouchers in the coach. Therefore missed 1 hour of ski school on first day.

The spa is really nice ,pool is big, gym all new , sauna and steam rooms nice. Unfortunately, there is a (bouncer-style) receptionist who shouts at you if you dare take a towel out of the spa. I also booked a massage here,the lady masseuse is very good. Don’t let the male receptionist force you into booking with him.
Evening meal starts at 6pm and was a shambles. Poor food selection, recycled food from breakfast, soup but no bread rolls (just stale bread with a tub of margarine with a knife in it). No proper dessert ( some weird recycled pasta with sugar on?) , no one offered any drinks and there was no drinks menu. We finally got hold of the male waiter and asked for some large bottles of water. He said that the hotel policy is small bottles of water only!! I asked for a jug of water, which he refused. We brought our own large bottles of water to dinner, and he went mental. He is very aggressive and blatantly doesn’t want to be there.
I tried to talk to manager all week, but he/she had always managed to have ‘popped out’ or have gone home.
I talked to the rep, and he told me to basically get lost.

In summary, good location, nice spa, staff rude and useless, food extremely poor, Balkan travel rep poor. PLEASE PLEASE do not take your family here.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family