See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Stayed here for a week , good value for money and within walking distance of gondola. Room was perfect. Didn't try the food, but everything else spot on. Hotel was clean. Skiing was great. Staff could be friendlier, however they were perfectly polite. Would go back as my main concern was the location which was great.

Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Susan R
Reviewed 10 March 2013

Dirty toilet in room, broken door handles, very old and small tv, rude personel, crappy breakfast, definetely not 4 star.. Maybe1 star

Example: breafast closes at 9.30. We go at 9 and there is no juice or coffee!! Staff talks with each other. A guest tries to take coffee from the machine at 9.30 and someone from the personel closes the machine in front of him without telling anything.

• Stayed: March 2013
3  Thank l3fman
Reviewed 22 January 2013

We stayed in this hotel twice, this year and previos year (January 2012).
This is an average hotel, far away from a 4 star hotel, don't know why it is like that. When you compare it with other 4 stars hotels, you'll not find anything similar.
In this hotel, all the things are so simply. You don't have internet access in the room, even though you want to pay to get 24 hours access, there's not an option like that, like in most of hotels. The Wi-Fi in the lobby was OK, but in a case of a lot people in the lobby.... it was awful, you cannot open your e-mail, facebook etc. The shuttle bus transfer to the gondola lift.... you are able to use it from 8.30 to 10.30 from the Hotel to the Gondola Lift and after 15.30 from the Gondola Lift to the Hotel until 17h. It was a disaster for the people who go on skiing with a half-day ski pass and those ones who come back from skiing earlier. The SPA centar was not anything special, just an average one with jacuzzi, swimming pool, sauna and steam bath. Rooms were ok, you have a kitchen, good accomodation, the bathroom was small but still big enough for a shower and all other things.
One thing that was shortened this year compared to the previous one, there was not a table tennis and a lot of things were on paying which were free in 2012.
The food was terrible, both years. The breakfast could pass, standard breakfast choice... but the dinner, it was awful. The dinner is bad in most of hotels because of the Bulgarian cuisine.
You have billiards in the lobby and that's what you can spend some minutes on.
As I said in the title of my review, the value you pay just shows what you get in a Hotel, but still not bad to have an excellent holiday in Bansko once again.

Room Tip: Apartments close to the bar in order to have Wi-Fi signal. (Two-bedroom apartments)
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank igorjos9
Reviewed 9 January 2013

I went with my freinds (10people) for ski in Bansko and we choose the specific Hotel, (4*hotel)
-The stuff was very rude (not only the girls in the reception were sitting in their chairs while we were speaking with them but they played also with their mobiles)
-the bedrooms was diry
-from our frineds money have been stolen
-a cleaninhg lady came to my room and to bring me toilet paper at 18:00 and told me to go the others rooms to give paper my self,
-the breakfast was terrible, the butter was cold, we werent able to take our coffe to our rooms.
-we woke up every day very early (7:00) in order to be ready at 8:15 to go to the lifts with the shuttle bus of the hotel but never was there, although we were told from the reception that leaves every 15 minutes. we were listening every morning a new excuse.
-the shuttle bus never was at lift at 16:30 to pick us, although they told us that will be there every 30 minutes.
-The Jacuzzi was not working
-for sure is not a 4* hotel, as far as concern the service and the cleaning

I travel a lot, i used to work in Hotels in Greece in a very responsible potition in Kos island, i work in the biggest Travel Agent (TUI Travel Plc) and i DID NOT recomend the specifci hotel for any reason.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank Nikoleta F
Reviewed 31 December 2011

At first the hotel looked amazing from outside but once you get to your room you will see that this is no a 4 star hotel.
It is located at super convenient location which is close to the ski lifts and downtown and I must say that's about the only great thing about this place.
The maintenance is very poor for a 4 star hotel, there is no hot water in the morning, people smoke in the restaurant, they don't clean the rooms daily, the bathroom floods everytime you take a shower, there is no toilet paper nor shampoo or conditioner, and most importantly the bedsheets were nasty, I mean nasty.
Now, if I was booking a hostel, it would be a sin to complain but this is absolutely not acceptable from a 4 star hotel.

• Stayed: December 2011